PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel Mexico !!!!

Alfred Forns
07-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Local dive boat from the Island of Cozumel They do not use the sail generally just the small inboard engine and as you can imagine its painfully slow !!! They take about one hour to reach the dive site Palancar Reef Most of the first dives are drift dives. The boat drops you and picks you up down the reef.

Always found this area uncomfortable probably more than any other. Lots of boats zipping around with divers bobbing on the surface. Image made with a Nikon F3 and slide film.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Julie Kenward
07-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh good grief...look at that water!!!

Michael P. Centanni
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
These Pics are making me want to go diving like NOW!!!!
Great view, wish I was there.

Sharna Lee
07-10-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't know about diving but I'd sure love to have been where you are standing there. Nice clear blue water.
Excellent image.

Sharna

Robert Amoruso
07-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I like the clear FG water and overstaturated colors.

George DeCamp
07-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I remember this place all too well! Agree it can get a little crazy there but the sights UW are superb. Nice image, brought back good memories!

Amy DeStefanis
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
HI Alfred! This picture makes me want to go back! Even though the traffic on the reefs can get busy, Palancar was one of the best drifts. Just sit back, relax and watch the scenery go by... or rather, go by the scenery....

Cozumel was where my husband proposed! Ah the swim-up bar at the Fiesta Americana's swimming pool! :-)

I love the gradient of color in the water from the crystal clear to the striking blue/black on the horizon.

I just noticed... slide film. Yes - as much as I am getting used to digital, when I see photos with the subtle color gradient like yours here, it really just has to be film.....

I can't quite tell what is in the upper left corner of the photo, though. That gives me a little discomfort with the picture even though the pattern fits because it is kind of a mirror of the stripes on the dock.... But I still find myself squinting to see what it is.

George DeCamp
07-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Cozumel was where my husband proposed! Ah the swim-up bar at the Fiesta Americana's swimming pool! :-).

All that Tequila will do it every time! :D

Gus Cobos
07-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Very nice place Al,
Brings back memories. I love the tones and hues of the crystal clear water...will be going back next year...:cool:

Amy DeStefanis
07-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah - I had to make him repeat the proposal once he sobered up just to make sure he was serious....

:-)