PDA

View Full Version : Theme Avian fireworks .....

Andreas Liedmann
09-21-2021, 02:11 PM
Hi all ... hope this tight enough for this month theme .
If not .... the mods can remove the prefix and it will go into normal account .

This Mandarin drake was captured at local ground in my town . One of the long term invaders , once a refugee from a collection . This species is not so successful as other avian invaders i.e. Egyptian or Canadian Goose .... who became a " pest " over the decades and need to be controlled by the government . Not allowed to be shot , just remove the eggs if they are found .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
HH

F 8 ; Iso 4000 ; 1/ 1000 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2021 ; cropped to fit into the theme to roughly 50 % of FF

Thanks for watching and commuting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Duncan Groenewald
09-21-2021, 08:31 PM
That's amazing detail as the feathers get finer towards the beak. Not so sure about the eye reflection as that looks a bit too metallic and not so natural to me, but super clear colours. Maybe one day I will get there!

Brian Sump
09-21-2021, 10:58 PM
Andreas, sure looks handsome to me. The colors pop nicely on the high key backdrop.

You've retained a good bit of detail amigo.... the border around the eye is very different from what we're used to seeing. It almost looked unreal.

I might have opted to go a slight bit less boxy on the crop to give a little room to the left, but overall you did this Mandarin justice.

Nicely shown!

Kurt Bowman
09-22-2021, 07:45 AM
Awesome detail Andreas! I actually like the eye reflection myself. I do agree with Brian re: the crop and would give more room in front. The colors here are also terrific. Great theme candidate!

Joseph Przybyla
09-22-2021, 08:21 AM
Hi Andreas, neat image, works for the theme for me. Wonderful colors and detail... I also would add a tad more on the left side of the image. Thank you for sharing.

Jay Ing
09-23-2021, 10:43 AM
I'd like to see more of the face and more space if possible but love those colors and detail. TFS.

John Mack
09-24-2021, 05:40 PM
Fireworks for sure. I don't mind the crop as is. Lovely detail.