PDA

View Full Version : Pink Popper

Brian Sump
09-13-2021, 06:53 PM

Sometimes I get feedback that my frames are too simple. Indeed, always want to round out my skills and was glad to have this pretty little female Lesser Goldfinch pop by while shooting migrating hummers with Kurt Bowman south of Tucson, AZ.

Would have loved more of the feet but the splash of colors made me smile.

R6 (yes, we have one in addition to the R5)
600mm
Handheld
ISO 3200
1/1000
f8

LR and PS. Evicted one small spec hanging from a cob web and three little bright specs.

Paul Burdett
09-13-2021, 11:48 PM
Never thought your frames were "too simple" Brian. This one is as lovely as all your others. Love the overall composition and the placement of the bird here, although I can see a version with the oof foliage on the left cropped out. One very minor nit pic: having the tail clear of the leaf would be the icing on the cake for me.

Jonathan Ashton
09-14-2021, 01:09 AM
I really like the colours and the processing, very good indeed.

Kurt Bowman
09-14-2021, 06:29 AM
I love how this turned out Brian! Lovely colors with those flowers in the BG. I agree with Paul...your frames are never too simple for me. Hopefully you make it out next year and we can have a good year of hummers. Very nicely done!

Daniel Cadieux
09-14-2021, 01:48 PM
Super sweet. The central placement works well too, as all the other elements are at just the right spot to pleasingly balance the comp. Fun colours throughout.

Arthur Morris
09-14-2021, 01:52 PM
Sweet. I love the look at the left toe.

with love, artie

Brian Sump
09-14-2021, 10:11 PM
Appreciate you alls feedback, thank you!

John Mack
09-15-2021, 10:15 AM
Too simple more like simply too good. I do like sense of environment here. The pink flowers in the background are great.

Andreas Liedmann
09-16-2021, 01:45 AM
Hi Amigo .... great to see a " cluttered " image created by " Mr Clean Sump " :t3.
I am honestly surprised that the " clean party " is not " complaining " about the busy image .... well a good thing though .
Personally I do like everything here ... lovely color palette , nice tonal range... detail and sharpness , very good .
Composition does work well .... so no nits from my side .

TFS Andreas