PDA

View Full Version : Over the Moon

Brian Sump
09-01-2021, 06:01 PM

That's how I felt to get this male Indigo Bunting. Only a handful of sightings each year in the Colorado Front Range region.

R5
840mm
Handheld
ISO 2000
1/1600
f8

LR and PS. Healed a burned part on one leaf and evicted a bright leaf coming in from the right.

Taken in June. Audio for Lazuli Bunting played.

arash_hazeghi
09-02-2021, 01:49 AM
vibrant colors and a nice pose, well executed frame. The lone OOF leaf in the lower left FG is drawing my eye a bit, I'd look into ditching it if possible

TFS

Arthur Morris
09-02-2021, 04:18 AM
Ditto was Arash said about the leaf in th elLC, especially the brightest part of it. Love the position of the bird's feet on the perch, and the perfect look-back head angle. I've only seen a few of these in life but perhaps the BLUEs are a bit too fluorescent ...

with love, artie

Randy Stout
09-02-2021, 06:31 AM
Brian:

Beautiful bird. We do see them occ. here in Michigan, and they are pretty vibrantly blue, esp. in good light.

I think you could just lower the luminosity of that offending leaf so it blends in better with the darker leaves behind it, to reduce its impact.

Cheers

Randy

Brian Sump
09-02-2021, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the oof leaf guys.

Artie, I spent a lot of time processing this one (too much probably). The colors were enhanced some as is customary on my end but I looked at many images online of this species as well and agree with Randy that in rich light they can have a very bold/vibrant color, esp on the body. The head often appears a touch darker. I tried to process as close to field memory as possible, but always can do better.

Kurt Bowman
09-03-2021, 08:15 AM
Beautiful frame Brian! I have seen these many times and think the colors look good IMO. I agree about the leaf, but that pulled my eye after the subject grabbed my eye first, so I think it is minor, but would improv e the image a bit. This subject really pops against that green BG too. Nicely done Brian!

David Pugsley
09-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Love the pose and color palette. Agree that the LLC leaves are a bit of a distraction, but a minor one in an otherwise sweet shot.

John Mack
09-03-2021, 04:33 PM
I would take this anyday. That blue and green go great together. Killer background per ususal.

Glenn Conlan
09-06-2021, 04:22 PM
Fit for a calendar, great colors and image quality

Andreas Liedmann
09-07-2021, 09:07 AM
Hi Brian ... a Sump cracker shot !!!
Very well captured amigo and I do like it overall , I am fully ok with the perch and the pose of the lovely bird is great .
I might change some little things ... will let you know .

Well done all around

TFS Andreas