PDA

View Full Version : Double-crested Cormorant and Black-eyed Susans.

Daniel Cadieux
08-25-2021, 01:47 PM
A bit of a different setting for this species. When it came off the water to dry its wings in front of a bed of Black-eyed Susans, with a reflection no less, I was pretty happy. I had to remove the TC to fit the fit the scene, and was backed up tightly the most I could uncomfortably against some prickly bushes - that'll teach me to leave the 100-400L home (which I rarely do, so let's call this another Murphy's Law lesson....). Moving well left to clear the subject's torso from the vegetation made things worse by introducing even more unwanted elements in the FG, blocking the subject fully, into the frame, so it is what it is:bugeyed:.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1250s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF. A few dry twigs peeking in from the left of the frame removed via Content Aware.

kevin Hice
08-25-2021, 06:11 PM
Nice image Daniel know what you mean about Murphy. Don't you just hate when you can't back up been there. Love the flowers along with the green vegetation. Too bad about the weed up through the center of the body. TFS

dankearl
08-27-2021, 01:04 AM
Fun image..glad you left the flowers at the top as that is what makes it unique.

John Mack
08-27-2021, 04:50 PM
Well I wouldn't think black eye susans and cormarants go together. But they look great here. Great you got that reflection. Interesting frame all around.

Kurt Bowman
08-28-2021, 08:06 AM
Love the wingspan, the reflection is killer, just wish the weed wasn't in the center of the body, but it doesn't kill it. Nice work!

Arthur Morris
08-31-2021, 06:43 PM
Well-seen, well executed, as expected. Love the flowers.

with love, a