PDA

View Full Version : Bufflehead

arash_hazeghi
08-24-2021, 12:16 AM
An image from winter when we had a migratory ducks. Buffleheads are my fav. but we don't get them here as much, very skittish and often far.

A1 600f.4 GM + 2X TC (1200mm) f/8 1/3200sec ISO-1600. Handheld. processed with C1P. Hope you like it

Daniel Cadieux
08-24-2021, 04:29 PM
Yep, these guys are pretty skittish up here too - but once in a while one will respond favorably to audio (most won't). Nice blues in the water. A great look at the large foot. If anything, I'd be OK with a version with less below.

Dorian Anderson
08-25-2021, 08:59 AM
My kinda low angle frame! Another couple months and we'll have these birds back! The lighting is great, and the raised foot adds color and interest. These guys can be a tough exposure, but you look to have nailed it here. My only wish is that the ripple in the foreground wasn't at a slight angle compared to the bird. But it's minor and there's nothing you can do shot of heavy handed editing to remove it; it juts makes the frame feel like it needs a touch of CW rotation when - in fact - the bird is already perfectly level.

John Mack
08-25-2021, 09:45 AM
Nice to see the foot. I do like the low angle and that blue water.

arash_hazeghi
08-26-2021, 02:17 AM
My kinda low angle frame! Another couple months and we'll have these birds back! The lighting is great, and the raised foot adds color and interest. These guys can be a tough exposure, but you look to have nailed it here. My only wish is that the ripple in the foreground wasn't at a slight angle compared to the bird. But it's minor and there's nothing you can do shot of heavy handed editing to remove it; it juts makes the frame feel like it needs a touch of CW rotation when - in fact - the bird is already perfectly level.

I hear you about the ripples, they ruin 90% of my shots. I can't get glass-like clean water like your shots because I am too lazy (or busy) to wake up early AM and hit it when it's not windy, the ripples are a killer in the afternoon and this was one of the better ones I managed.... wish it was calmer.

Ian Cassell
08-29-2021, 06:41 PM
Hi Arash! I don't mind the ripples but agree with Daniel that I would take a bit off the bottom. Nice pose!

Arthur Morris
08-31-2021, 06:31 PM
I'd go a bit pano (from the bottom) with this one. Love the raised foot and the sharpness. I am, however confused: this duck is not flying!!!

with love, artie