PDA

View Full Version : Bloomer

Brian Sump
08-17-2021, 05:03 PM

Paid a visit to the Spotted Sandpiper breeding grounds again a week ago and this chap was kind enough to perch on a blooming Mullein for me this time.

Based on the plumage it is certainly a different subject from the previous post, and no audio was used this time.

R5
840mm
Handheld
ISO 2000
1/1600
f10

LR and PS, selective DN. Stamped out two bright spots and a string of saliva hanging from the beak. Cleaned up a couple of the thistle seeds on the Mullein.

Paul Burdett
08-17-2021, 09:30 PM
Another winner Brian. Exposure looks spot on...lovely BG. Not much to not like here:S3:

Bill Dix
08-18-2021, 09:22 AM
Spectacular pose, perch, light, BG. Nicely done, once again. Is there a bit of motion blur on the lower mandible?

John Mack
08-18-2021, 11:44 AM
Too cool. Nice to see the mullein flowers. Killer background as well.

arash_hazeghi
08-18-2021, 10:07 PM
nice perch and BG Brian, composition is a bit too centered for me and I might sharpen the tip of the bill a touch more.

TFS

Brian Sump
08-18-2021, 10:21 PM
Another winner Brian. Exposure looks spot on...lovely BG. Not much to not like here:S3:

Paul, thanks for stopping by. Appreciate the kind words!

Spectacular pose, perch, light, BG. Nicely done, once again. Is there a bit of motion blur on the lower mandible?

Bill, always great to hear from you. Thank you for the feedback.

Good eye, there sure could be a touch there. I think more so just a touch soft in that part.

Too cool. Nice to see the mullein flowers. Killer background as well.

John thanks, I was glad to see the flowers too!

nice perch and BG Brian, composition is a bit too centered for me and I might sharpen the tip of the bill a touch more.

TFS

Thanks Arash. With all these Mullein perches I've posted some subjects more a-centric and others more centered and it seems there's usually a preference either way. Can definitely see one more right in frame too.

Bill tip noted.

Arthur Morris
08-19-2021, 05:12 AM
DATPCA. The calling pose and sweet light put this one over the top. I would not have minded the bird being a bit farther back in the frame.

with love, artie

Dorian Anderson
08-21-2021, 09:22 AM
As a shorebird fan, this is super sweet. I love everything about it - lighting, color, detail, etc. The view of the little feet is great. **** you and your mullein.....

Andreas Liedmann
08-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Hi Brian .. sweet image .
Simple design and the subject looks about perfect , maybe " too perfect" in light .... ending in a flat 2D look with that frontal light , almost looking " flashed" .
Just my take .

Cannot give any great critique , as I am limited to my MBP .

TFS Andreas