PDA

View Full Version : Underbrush finery...

David Roach
08-17-2021, 03:02 AM
EOS R6 RF 100-500 RF 2xtc @1000 f14 1/1000 ISO 10000 HH, Manual EXP, cropped from horizontal

Was, as usual, lying in wait as the family worked down the shoreline. Mom spotted me first and ran for the nearest shoreline shrubs while calling the chicks who lined up behind her in the deep shade of the brush on this overcast evening. In her diligent haste, she ran right through a large banana spider web. Had my head down to keep her from bolting for the deep grass filled water. When I lifted back up, got this comical view right at MFD. Had to pull back my head to get just within MFD(2.95m for this versatile lens) , grabbed three short frames and off they went into the water. This was underexposed and thankfully had very shallow DOF as the vegetation was right behind her. As long as I get the eye, I'm happy. The usual NR for subject in DPP and NI on BG only. A few small extra pieces of schmutz removed with healing brush. Not birds as art, but pretty comical none the less.

Thanks as always for very valued help on previous posts.

Daniel Cadieux
08-17-2021, 03:25 PM
It's a fun image and fun story to go along with it, just too much noise where NR has not been applied as aggressively on the subject. I understand you had high ISO and was underexposed, so I suppose that we just have to be happy compared to similar results at ISO 400 and properly exposed just a few short years ago:t3.

John Mack
08-18-2021, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a cool experience to be so close. I would warm it up some.