PDA

View Full Version : Looming Large in the Frame

Bill Dix
08-15-2021, 10:16 AM
Yes, I know (s)he is large in the frame. That's the way it appeared to me when she popped up right next to my little canoe. On a pond in Maine a month ago. The sun had gotten pretty high and the thin clouds dissipated by the time of this encounter.

D500, Sigma 150-600C @ 460mm, ISO 800, 1/4000s @ f/6.3 manual.

Randy Stout
08-15-2021, 11:34 AM
Bill:

It is fun when they pop up unexpectedly

Great shooting angle, well exposed. Nice display of the iridescence which isn't always apparent in harsher light.

The Lilly pads add an interesting touch of color. I might remove the ones touching the forehead.

Thanks for sharing

Randy

John Mack
08-15-2021, 07:09 PM
The look back pose is nice. The light is what it is. Nice to have one so close.

Brian Sump
08-16-2021, 10:18 PM
Bill, nice close up. The pop of colors work nicely in the bkg and love the water beads.

Light was pretty steep it seems, which is unfortunately, but love the bit of green iridescence showing through. Nice and sharp!

Dorian Anderson
08-16-2021, 11:03 PM
Lovely detail on the subject, even if the light was a bit steep. The drops on the head a re really nice, but the sun was too seep to give you the cracking catchlight a headshot like this really needs to connect. Exposure on this challenging subject is about perfect, so well done on that front.

Arthur Morris
09-02-2021, 11:54 AM
Nicely designed but with the light from our right the head was turned away just a bit too much. As a result, most of the face is lifeless, especially the lores and the surrounding feathers...

with love, artie