PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher's Arrival

Jay Ing
08-10-2021, 07:15 PM
A couple days ago I came across this female (juvie?) kingfisher at a nearly regional park. Was quite stoked as I'd only taken photos of one before while in Costa Rica and those shots weren't so good. While I hope to do better next time, I was pleased with what I got given the lighting and weather (this shot the same day as my last post... a Brown Pelican diving). Anyhow, appreciate any feedback.

Had to clear away some branches behind this fella to simply the image. Other than that, just the usual.

Cheers -

A1+600GM+2.0 TC, HH
5000/2500/8

C1P/PS/Topaz DnAi

Brian Sump
08-11-2021, 04:50 PM
Jay, landing Kingfisher is a prized catch in my view. That in mind, the subject herself looks really nice. Beautiful detail, even lighting and sweet wing position. Both feet are good and sharp.

The biggest issue, which you encountered and noted here, are the branches and limbs behind. Might be tough due to how you exposed her, but if you were able to coax a little more detail on the neck whites that would be sweet.

You did well here, just a bit of a bummer with the limbs. Lots to like though!

Dorian Anderson
08-12-2021, 12:19 AM
Pose and eye contact are really sweet, but the branches kill this for me, especially as they run straight through the face. Love the extended little feet though.