PDA

View Full Version : Brown Pelican Post Olympic Tryout

Jay Ing
08-09-2021, 04:58 PM
Got out this am and had fun with a kingfisher and some BP. Here's what I thought was the best dive shot of the morning. I gave him a 9/10 and moved him forward to the finals :)... Had to add canvas as bird was pretty much full frame. Not sure on my crop. It was overcast and not sure what more I could do with the bkg. It's too plain for my taste but my PS skills come up short. Anyhow, TFL.

A1+600GM+2.0 (1200mm), HH
3200/3200/8
C1P/PS/Topaz DnAi

David Roach
08-10-2021, 09:01 AM
I like the soft light, BG and the sweet top side feather detail. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
08-10-2021, 10:10 AM
Nice shot good timing. Regards the background you could try Texture/Contrast/Dehaze ....... sparingly.

Brian Sump
08-11-2021, 04:59 PM
Superb pose Jay, really great tones in the image and awesome job capturing the entire subject in plane.

Detail is great and I like the crop, though it could't hurt taking a little off the top. The only nit would be to see a bit more of the eye, but hey it's hard to pick that considering the action you captured and the story it tells. Possibly being a bit more even or below the subject would've allowed that.

A nice one sir!

Dorian Anderson
08-12-2021, 12:25 AM
Pose, action, and detail all look great. I love the arc of the feathers from primary > secondary > tail > secondary > primary. And yeah, more head turn would have been good, but the layered feathering on the back really stars here.

Arthur Morris
08-13-2021, 12:56 PM
I might take a bit off the top. The wings are killer perfect If the fish had moved to the bird's left at the last second the head position would have been much better and you would have been famous!

with love, artie

John Mack
08-13-2021, 05:12 PM
Very nice diving frame. I do like the dorsal view and the detail looks nice in the overcast light.