PDA

View Full Version : Starlings (Sturnus vulgaris)

Jonathan Ashton
08-06-2021, 02:55 AM
Image captured in my back garden
Olympus E-M1MarkIII
Focal Length : 115.0mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 230.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 3200
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/3200 sec
Aperture : F5

ACR/PSCC

Steve Kaluski
08-06-2021, 05:20 AM
Hi Jon, a very strong and striking interaction with these juveniles. Like the colours and bottom part of the backdrop. There are a few things you could do to elevate the image, but I know your not really looking for that, but still a nice image. Is there some cloning work top LHS and is that fat cake on the claws of the top starling?

Well done.

TFS
Steve

David Roach
08-06-2021, 06:07 AM
Love, love, love the interaction and details taking this way over the top for me. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
08-06-2021, 06:49 AM
Steve no cloning I can recall, yes there probably is some fat on the bird's claws - that's why they are fighting! (Look carefully on the left edge there is a tiny piece there too. I appreciate some will not like the background but that is what I have at this time of year.

Thanks David glad you liked it.

P.S. Steve I have reviewed the raw file, no cloning but I probably did a little content aware fill top left.

Jay Ing
08-06-2021, 09:38 AM
Wow wow - love this frame. Such great action and lighting makes the details pop. Super!

William Dickson
08-06-2021, 02:16 PM
Very nice Jon....Great interaction, love the detail you captured on both birds....The BG fits very well....if mine, I would soften the edges of the stalk/trunk going through the head on the lower bird...But that's me....Looks real good as is..

Well done

Will

Brian Sump
08-06-2021, 11:56 PM
Jon, one of your best IMO. Both tack sharp, really engaging fighting posture with the calls and all kinds of action in the focal plane. Wow.

Beautiful colors coming up from bottom. The only thing I can suggest is to blend the brighter striation just above the head of the right subject.

Really well done from my view! Thank you.

Joseph Przybyla
08-07-2021, 08:20 AM
Hi Jon, I agree one of your best. Dramatic action captured, very sharp, wonderful colors. I would also probably blend in the lighter striation above the right hand bird. Thank you for sharing.

Steve Kaluski
08-07-2021, 11:16 AM
Let’s see a RP with the blending Brian/Joe, be good to see the interpretation Jon.

Gabriela Plesea
08-08-2021, 05:01 PM
Impressive capture, Jon! Love the interaction and aggression from the Starlings, subjects nice and sharp and good framing too, would like to see more from this sighting if you have:w3