PDA

View Full Version : Mullein Matador

Brian Sump
08-05-2021, 03:27 PM

Looks like the male Blue Grosbeak pumped some steroids into this Mullein... and he's feeling pretty good about it I think!

R5
840mm
Handheld
ISO 1600
1/1600
f8

LR and PS, selective DN. Cleaned up a couple spots on the beak and chest where breakfast remnants were left on the subject. Removed one dark part of a Mullein stem. Audio was used off and on.

Colin Driscoll
08-06-2021, 12:57 AM
Lovely shot, sweet mottled BG and fine detail throughout. Sweet light.

Jonathan Ashton
08-06-2021, 03:31 AM
A good looking portrait, colours and details are all there, DOF ideal. Have you got any of him feeding with some bits of seeds flying about?

David Roach
08-06-2021, 06:09 AM
Ho Hum... Just another "Sump" classic... Simply sublime and TFS

William Dickson
08-06-2021, 02:10 PM
The contrasting colours work real good here....Lovely detail on both the bird and perch...Nice pose and HA...The green BG is easy on the eye...

Nice work Brian

Will

Brian Sump
08-06-2021, 11:52 PM
Thank you all very kindly!

Jon, actually I evicted some of the seed from the tip of his beak here, but did not get any with a flying seed though, unfortunately.

Gabriela Plesea
08-07-2021, 07:42 AM
Wonderful image of this pretty bird. I like this a lot Brian, beautiful colours and nice pose from the subject, good head angle, composition is very pleasing. Well processed with great detail.

A pleasure to view, thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,

Joseph Przybyla
08-07-2021, 08:06 AM
Sump scores again!!!! Lovely image Brian, I'll trade you some shore birds for some of these. Beautiful bird, perfect feather detail and pure background. Thank you for sharing.

gail bisson
08-07-2021, 04:24 PM
Really nice.
I like the fact that the muellin on the right is shaped perfectly to follow the diagonal line of the tail.
Had that little clump been any other shape may have been a problem!
Nice clean BG and perfect HA.
Gail

Jay Ing
08-09-2021, 04:54 PM
Yowser, pop goes the color. I'd burn in a bit more darks onto the very last section of the stalk myself. But, love the perch and percher. TFS.

Brian Sump
08-09-2021, 10:51 PM
Wonderful image of this pretty bird. I like this a lot Brian, beautiful colours and nice pose from the subject, good head angle, composition is very pleasing. Well processed with great detail.

A pleasure to view, thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,

Gabriela, always a treat hearing your perspective. Thank you for sharing!

Sump scores again!!!! Lovely image Brian, I'll trade you some shore birds for some of these. Beautiful bird, perfect feather detail and pure background. Thank you for sharing.

Joe, thanks my friend. Glad you chimed in!

I'll take you up on that offer. Unfortunately a thousand miles or two separates us but we'll make it all even one of these days...

Really nice.
I like the fact that the muellin on the right is shaped perfectly to follow the diagonal line of the tail.
Had that little clump been any other shape may have been a problem!
Nice clean BG and perfect HA.
Gail

So kind, thank you Gail for stopping in! Agreed, that clump worked out fortuitously :-)

Yowser, pop goes the color. I'd burn in a bit more darks onto the very last section of the stalk myself. But, love the perch and percher. TFS.

Jay, good suggestion. Thanks very much!