PDA

View Full Version : Theme Common Tern

John Mack
07-28-2021, 08:08 AM
Nickerson Beach, 5/17/21 at 6:12AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Canon 1DX MarkIII
Canon 500 f/4 IS USM
Canon Extender EF 1.4X III
ISO 3200
f5.6
1/1000sec

gail bisson
07-28-2021, 08:13 AM
Love, love that 3 layered pastel colored BG. I might take a sliver off the top but still lovely as is.
Great HA.
I like the blur that the low POV and sand have created.
I might dodge that circular area just above the rump,
Gail

William Dickson
07-28-2021, 09:06 AM
Looking good John....The BG and foreground colours blend so well...Nice pose on the bird. Was the sand covering the legs of the bird, or is that effect created because of a low POV. Looks like blowing sand..Something different for sure...I agree with Gail about the area above the rump..

Will

Arthur Morris
07-28-2021, 06:05 PM
Beautiful image with soft light and a lovely pose. Had you been just a few inches higher I would not have complained.

with love, artie

Brian Sump
07-28-2021, 09:18 PM
Really pleasing canvas to the eye John. So airy and simple in design.

Awesome pose with the tail feathers raised. Love the blurred transition from the foreground.

I really like the blue appeal, however I always feel a bit suspicious when there's as much blue on the subject. From a technical aspect I'd say warm it up, however I find myself loving this artistically so from that front, keep it as is!

Jonathan Ashton
07-29-2021, 04:16 AM
Super shot but the blue wash is spoiling it, I attach an alternative for your consideration WDYT?

Wayne Niz
07-29-2021, 08:51 AM
Hey John

Great pic, love yours and Jonathan's option, the way I see the two, is yours is early morning with no real signs of warming up during the course of the day, Brians early morning with a hint of sun and it could be a belter of a day

Daniel Cadieux
07-31-2021, 07:49 AM
Wow, this one has high impact on me. I love all the angles created by the raised tail and bill and straight neck. Very dreamy to with that low angle and FG overlap. I actually like both versions, but give the nudge to Jon's version.