PDA

View Full Version : Slurrrrrp!

David Pugsley
07-16-2021, 11:58 AM
1/1250
f/10
ISO 800

Sony a1 w/ 200-600 +1.4x @ 840

Some folks, not here, dismiss the new high FPS cameras as specification over function. To me, this shot may have happened with a slower FPS, but there is also a very good chance it would have been lost between frames. These semi-palmated plovers slurp the worms so quickly I often don't see it as I'm shooting - blackout free shooting or not.

Brian Sump
07-16-2021, 01:44 PM
David, beautiful action you captured and brilliant title :-)

f10 was a great choice! Sweet blue and beige canvas works nicely. Lots of nice details in the plumage.

I thought I would find myself disliking the foam on the water more, however it is subtle and fairly oof so as to not distract. Perhaps you could take a crack at evicting the bunch on the right if you wish.

Otherwise, I might like a touch more margin/room to breathe but I would take this as-is in a heartbeat. Thanks for sharing!

Arthur Morris
07-16-2021, 06:15 PM
Ditto all the postives. Them be sand piles Mr. Sump, not foam. And I love them all.

Me-thinks that this is a southbound bird, a worn adult female, just down from sub-arctic tundra ... And a fine point; the far leg is nowhere close to being in focus and as always, I could care less about that. Sweet light and lovely lw perspective.

with love, artie

dankearl
07-17-2021, 02:09 PM
It is a cool catch, I would like the FPS, however I would not like to fill a card up in a day.....

Jay Ing
07-19-2021, 07:12 PM
Very nice frame here. Love the catch/slurp! Bkg is lovely.

John Mack
07-20-2021, 07:42 PM
Love it. Nice low angle. View of the worm is great as well.