PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine bank

arash_hazeghi
07-16-2021, 02:12 AM
Another image from the male peregrine, a sliver of light just elevated the greenish tones in the ocean. some blood on the beak from a recent kill

created with the A1 and 200-600 zoom ISO-2000 f/6.3 at 1/2000 sec. handheld. processed with C1P

Steve Kaluski
07-16-2021, 05:01 AM
Another nice banking pose Arash, I assume your position looking down from a vantage point? Can you take a snap of the location, be nice to see the surrounding area to get an idea of the shooting arena you have there.

TFS
Steve

David Roach
07-16-2021, 10:23 AM
Love that sky and slightly deeper contrast in this one. Yet another Arash classic... TFS

William Dickson
07-16-2021, 12:11 PM
Another beauty....Looking real good,...Love the flight pose..Regarding the crop, I may have added a wee bit more below and some from the RHS.

Will

Brian Sump
07-16-2021, 01:19 PM
Arash, a banger with the pose and mottled green bkg here. Has been an enjoyable series and PF are high on my shot list, though less opportunities here with great nesting sites.

I loved the last frame you posted with the banking pose in the vertical. You have shared some great dorsal shots in the past and I usually love the vertical crops. That said, I struggle a bit more here with the 2x3 although I like you switching it up. Could be a candidate for 5x7 and maybe shifting the subject right a touch.

TFS, looking forward to more.

Randy Stout
07-16-2021, 06:07 PM
Arash:

Lovely soft light with excellent detail revealed in the feathers. Like the banking pose with head position.

I might be tempted to use the clone stamp on one or two of the darkest brown spots in the background, esp. the two straight ahead of the bird.

re: crop. Because of the angle of gaze, I agree with Will, I might crop off some from the right, and add a bit below.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
07-16-2021, 06:18 PM
DATPA plus more. Arash, for most of us this would be a once in a lifetime image. For you, it is one of many dozens ... Nobody does was well with BIF as you no matter the gear.

with love, artie

arash_hazeghi
07-17-2021, 12:48 PM
thank you all

arash_hazeghi
07-17-2021, 12:49 PM
Another nice banking pose Arash, I assume your position looking down from a vantage point? Can you take a snap of the location, be nice to see the surrounding area to get an idea of the shooting arena you have there.

TFS
Steve

Hi Steve yes this was at edge of the cliffs shooting down towards the ocean, one of the few places in the west coast and probably the world accessible on foot that you can make such images

dankearl
07-17-2021, 02:12 PM
Great topside and the blood adds to it.. I think a square Instagram crop would work for this...

Steve Kaluski
07-18-2021, 06:26 AM
Hi Steve yes this was at edge of the cliffs shooting down towards the ocean, one of the few places in the west coast and probably the world accessible on foot that you can make such images

Cheers Arash, just occasionally it would be nice to include a wider shot of the location as it adds to building of the image and nice to see a different location IMHO, wherever it might be... :S3:

John Mack
07-20-2021, 07:40 PM
Love it. Looks great.