PDA

View Full Version : Looking back

Marc Mol
07-10-2008, 03:00 AM
We would never had spotted this lovely 4 year old female Leopard (located only 300 metres from
our bushcamp at Mwamba ) had we not stayed as long photographing a pair of
African Fish Eagles at a waterhole. We had just turned the vehicle around when she came in to
sight, just walking across the track so nonchalantly. She posed just long enough to get a few frames
off before she climbed up a small Sausage tree.
I have deliberately left the "Y" shaped branch as is, and feel that it is not too distracting, what do others think?
Although, I think it may be quite difficult to clone out successfully?

Sth Luangwa Nat Park- Zambia.
Nikon D2Xs
300 f/2.8 VR
ISO 800
f/2.8
1/640s
300mm

http://africaddict.smugmug.com/photos/329489240_W9eve-XL.jpg

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

Ed Cordes
07-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Nice detail and color with a super BG. I like the head turned perspective. My taste is to not have the branch, but I don't think you really wanted to reach out and remove it!!

Gus Cobos
07-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Excellent capture and composition Marc,
I know that you had no choice with the branch; but see if you can clone it out...that would put your image over the top...:D

Robert Amoruso
07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Marc,

I don't find the branch overly distracting. Each time I scroll the image back onto the monitor, the face catches my eye. You did well getting the branch composed with the Leopard. Plus the BG is pleasing and the perch OK. Actually, I would clone out that small vertical stump intruding into the frame on the right just above the Leopard's perch.

Ramon M. Casares
07-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I agree with Ed comment, but also.. WOW!! What a terrific shot, the pose and light are awesome!

Steve Canuel
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Great pose, BG, perch, sharpness, and color, but that branch is killing me. I would like to see a version without it.
Steve

Sabyasachi Patra
07-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I like this image. The branches are ok with me. However, I think it would appear better without the branch at the bottom which goes from leftt to right.

The image is sharp and the colours are nice.