PDA

View Full Version : Feeeed Me

Wayne Niz
07-05-2021, 10:26 AM
Talk about a committed parent.

Pic taken this weekend at Tala Game Reserve, Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa. Full bright sun 12:30 pm so had to try an work around that. Lucky enough to find a tree with 5 nests all with chicks of various ages, fascinating just to watch these amazing birds.
R5
600 f4 ii
TC 1.4 iii
1/8000
f6.3
iso 1600
Sticks & gimbal
DXO Raw, LRC, Topaz Sharpen.
Cropped to remove branch and for composition

Arthur Morris
07-05-2021, 11:30 AM
You did quite well in a very difficult, harsh light, high contrast situation. Sharp with a good EXP. What is the name of the species?

with love, arite

Wayne Niz
07-05-2021, 01:33 PM
You did quite well in a very difficult, harsh light, high contrast situation. Sharp with a good EXP. What is the name of the species?

with love, arite

Hey Arthur,

Thank you for your comments much appreciated, Im busy working through my pics and hoping that the sun gets kinder to me. Did get some pics of mom giving the chicks water which was a first for me to see, will post one of those next. The bird is a white-breasted cormorant (Phalacrocorax lucidus)

Cheers

Wayne

Arthur Morris
07-06-2021, 07:52 AM
Thanks, Wayne. Do you live in Africa?

with love, arite

William Dickson
07-06-2021, 12:01 PM
Well captured getting this moment Wayne...I agree with Artie, you done well considering the light conditions...

Will

Wayne Niz
07-06-2021, 12:42 PM
Thanks, Wayne. Do you live in Africa?

with love, arite

Hey Arthur yes I live on the east coast of South Africa in Durban one of the major cities in the country. Many know of Cape Town, few know the treasures on the east coast though unfortunately.

Wayne Niz
07-06-2021, 12:45 PM
Well captured getting this moment Wayne...I agree with Artie, you done well considering the light conditions...

Will
Hey Will

Thanks very much for your comments, now that I know where these birds are I am definitely going to make a turn past there again with better light and see what I can get.

Cheers

Steve Kaluski
07-07-2021, 01:05 PM
Hi Wayne, if you look at the Histogram in LR, the LH triangle will indicated you are clipping the blacks and so, as presented you are loosing detail in the darks & shadows.

TFS
Steve

John Mack
07-20-2021, 07:07 PM
Man, I hope the adult didn't eat the little one. You handled the light well.