PDA

View Full Version : Marsh harrier (Circus aeruginosus)

Jonathan Ashton
07-05-2021, 05:10 AM
This is another image I reworked, many of the images taken in Bharatpur were taken in dull/misty/polluted atmosphere, I think I have rescued this and it's not too bad.

Olympus E-M1X
Focal Length : 420.0mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 841.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 800
Exposure compensation : +1.7 EV
Shutter : 1/1600 sec
Aperture : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

David Roach
07-05-2021, 07:41 AM
More than rescued, I'd say. Great detail and clarity on the subject with a unique sky. Minor nit, wish to be a tad further back in the frame. TFS

Wayne Niz
07-05-2021, 10:29 AM
Dare I say the polluted sky works well with the colors of the bird, awesome capture, well done Jonathan

Arthur Morris
07-05-2021, 11:32 AM
Why so far forward in a boxy frame??? Sharp. I do not know the bird and I understand the pollution, but the image looks as if it has a YELLOW color cast.

with love, artie

Jonathan Ashton
07-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Why so far forward in a boxy frame??? Sharp. I do not know the bird and I understand the pollution, but the image looks as if it has a YELLOW color cast.

with love, artie

I hear you Artie - how's this?

Brian Sump
07-05-2021, 04:42 PM
Much better on the RP IMO Jon. The overall viewing is greatly improved and I think you actually brought out more detail in the process.

Beautiful underwing detail and colors on the near side. Sure you'd love for a bit more upper stroke on the opposing but still nice.

Personally I'd trade some below for a bit more atop. Thanks for sharing, similar but different to our American Northern Harier.

Arthur Morris
07-06-2021, 07:52 AM
I hear you Artie - how's this?

It's better, Jon, but only 17,638 times better.

with love, a

Arthur Morris
07-06-2021, 07:53 AM
And yes to a bit lower in the frame as suggested by Sump Scores.

a

Steve Kaluski
07-06-2021, 10:54 AM
Hi Jon, glad you reworked the image, but yes the OP is way off, (playing with calibration again? :bg3:), but certain the repost is a vast improvement and I like the position in frame, I'm not a big fan of images close to the trim, for me it indicates height.

Jon, I'm away (just trying to maximise getting out there, before the next great 'lockdown' happens with these mad decisions currently being made), but paddling in the biblical rain we are currently receiving, however I think you can get more still from the capture. OK quickly done on the MBP and not in the ideal environment, but hopefully you can see the direction, maybe somewhere between the two, but you have the detail.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
07-06-2021, 11:26 AM
Thanks Steve - yes I see the difference and I like it.

Steve Kaluski
07-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Great, I just think it’s often that lady hurdle Jon, perhaps instigate the 24hr? :bg3:

Hope you are managing to stay above water, 44mm last Sunday night, on top of the 24 during Sunday afternoon!!!

William Dickson
07-06-2021, 12:06 PM
Yes your RP looks a lot better Jon...and I agree with Brian, it looks more detailed...I also like Steve's RP...

Will

John Mack
07-20-2021, 07:06 PM
Yes to the repost. This would look great high key. In my opnion anyway.