PDA

View Full Version : Giant " Chicken " Run ...

Andreas Liedmann
06-30-2021, 02:52 PM
Hi folks ... another one from Botswana .
High noon at the waterhole, at around 40 degrees celsius :w3:eek3:.... but that is sometimes the " best " time to wait at a waterhole , because a lot of game is coming for a drink . Location was the Nxai Pan Nationalpark
This Ostrich female was part of a small group of them ...
IQ has for sure suffered due to the heat and shooting with a long lens , nevertheless I do show the reality and accept the slight quality loss ..... at least for my self :bg3:.

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 490 mm
bean bag

F 8 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2021 ; cropped and leveled for comp , some gardening on the ground to get rid of elephant poo .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Brian Sump
06-30-2021, 10:42 PM
Andreas, well can't say we see many Ostriches here so thanks for mixing it up!

That look haha. Love it, almost to say, "You wanna race!?" You captured the feet sharp nicely at 1/2500 and great detail in the plumage... what's new?!

Main shortcoming for me is the steep light angle but I'm glad to view something fun and different. TFS :-)

Jonathan Ashton
07-01-2021, 12:50 AM
Looks good to me Andreas, I particularly like the position of the feet and the twist of the neck. It's not easy to get a good shot of an ostrich at full tilt.

Wayne Niz
07-01-2021, 06:41 AM
Hey Andreas

Detail on the plumage looks awesome, great action shot and is it just me or do those look like Trump lips

Andreas Liedmann
07-03-2021, 09:34 AM
Thanks folks for your kind comments ... much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
07-04-2021, 08:48 AM
Looks great Andreas, love those stretched limbs and the sense of 'urgency' here. Very nice colours as well as detail/textures in those feathers.
This is as good as it gets for the conditions you described, 40'C and sure a great deal of heat haze...Very well done in the field as well as PP work :cheers:

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
07-04-2021, 10:08 AM
Thanks Gabriela .... yeah Anette and me had " hot " times in the Nxai Pan :bg3::bg3::bg3:

John Mack
07-20-2021, 06:49 PM
A giant chicken for sure. I like the sense of action. You handled the light very well.