PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Final Flight

Brian Sump
06-28-2021, 09:48 PM

A Northern Harrier female (eyes are a little light brown, perhaps a juvie?) in its final flight of the lit hours.

Shot this winter but never posted as I was concerned about the wing pose. But the more I view it the more I like it considering the flared tips and angle/position in frame.

Canon R5
840mm
Handheld
ISO 2000
1/1600
f5.6

LR and PS, DN. Wanted to leave the natural textures in the grass so pretty much as-shot.

arash_hazeghi
06-29-2021, 12:23 AM
nice frame, this isn't a juvi it's a young adult female. Juvi's have dark eyes. I like the BG but I really wish for a better wing position. from here it can use a bit more sharpening to bring out the nasal feathers if present in raw.

TFS

David Roach
06-29-2021, 04:19 AM
I agree the chosen pano framing, sweet light and the clarity of the face/eye along with motion in wings works for me. Also loving the natural and complimentary BG. 840mm at only 1/1600 handheld... Kudos to you, my friend... TFS

Daniel Cadieux
06-29-2021, 07:07 AM
Killer sweet light you got here! Sharp enough where it counts for me. Although I agree with you in regards to wing position, I like the frame overall. I love the faint striations on the lower part of the BG.

gail bisson
06-29-2021, 12:29 PM
Love the light and the BG.
Like Daniel, the striations at the bottom of the frame are wonderful.
Wing position is OK but agree wings up or down would be awesome!

John Mack
06-30-2021, 01:19 PM
MMMM that background. Gorgeous. Also like the bird as well. Now that's some light.

Brian Sump
06-30-2021, 10:36 PM
nice frame, this isn't a juvi it's a young adult female. Juvi's have dark eyes. I like the BG but I really wish for a better wing position. from here it can use a bit more sharpening to bring out the nasal feathers if present in raw.

TFS

Thanks Arash. Not enough detail on this one but you might have seen the ones I posted this winter and was able to bring the nasal hairs out nicely.

I agree the chosen pano framing, sweet light and the clarity of the face/eye along with motion in wings works for me. Also loving the natural and complimentary BG. 840mm at only 1/1600 handheld... Kudos to you, my friend... TFS

David, appreciate you as always.

Killer sweet light you got here! Sharp enough where it counts for me. Although I agree with you in regards to wing position, I like the frame overall. I love the faint striations on the lower part of the BG.

Daniel, thanks man. I liked the striations too!

Love the light and the BG.
Like Daniel, the striations at the bottom of the frame are wonderful.
Wing position is OK but agree wings up or down would be awesome!

Appreciate it much Gail!

MMMM that background. Gorgeous. Also like the bird as well. Now that's some light.

John, thanks my man. Appreciate the comments!

Wayne Niz
07-01-2021, 07:04 AM
Hey Brian

Yes thats the light we all dream off, not to mention the bird and BG, stellar capture well done

Andreas Liedmann
07-03-2021, 09:26 AM
Hi Brian .... gorgeous winter light and glad you left the BG as shot !!!!

I am really good with the " pan cake " flight pose , works well IMHO.
Nice tonality and great warm colors .

I am missing the fine critical detail/sharpness ... might be down to large cropping and " slower " SS , you should know better .

TFS Andreas