View Full Version : Rainy Day Lapwing

William Dickson
06-28-2021, 04:42 PM
Canon 1DX Mk2
f/4 400mm DO Mk2 at 800mm
f/8
1/800
ISO 1250

I captured this Lapwing aka Peeweet, because of their call....Not an easy bird to get close to, so I was more than chuffed to get this close.....As you can see it was a dreich day but worth getting wet for...HH..cropped for comp...ACR, Topaz DN and PS2021.

Will

David Roach
06-28-2021, 07:03 PM
Got to agree, well worth getting wet. Love that tuft, the rain drops and that eye. Great job with the fieldcraft getting this close. Might raise exposure just a smidge but love this canvas overall. TFS

Brian Sump
06-28-2021, 09:43 PM
Will, you chose a great subject to get waterlogged over!

First time seeing this subject for me. Really great pose, beautiful eye contact and loving the iridescence on the wing. Head feather is a sweet touch. Great details...

Did you apply any NR to the bkg? It feels just a touch grainy but could just be the texture of the grasses.

A+ from me!

Daniel Cadieux
06-29-2021, 07:19 AM
Looks great - I love these inclement weather opportunities. I could see a version with more canvas all around, but superb mood you got even with a "tight" composition.

John Mack
06-30-2021, 01:24 PM
Love a bird in the rain. I would like to see the bird more to the left and more room to the right. The water drops on the back are pretty awesome.

Jonathan Ashton
06-30-2021, 02:01 PM
Awesome Will, just a tad tight in the frame for me but a super duper shot, colours tones details top notch! I like the background it is not smooth as plastic , it has some texture to it.

Andreas Liedmann
06-30-2021, 02:35 PM
Hi Will ... very cool shot of the Peeweet .
Detail and tones are looking good .... maybe a bit more light to the lighter feathers , looking very gray and/ or dull , IMHO.
Colors ... well matter of taste , for me the colors are looking a bit " dirty" , specially the greens of the grass .

TFS Andreas

Wayne Niz
07-01-2021, 07:10 AM
Love this picture, detail, color, eye contact and rain make it a stunning capture well done

William Dickson
07-06-2021, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated..

Will