1/1600
f5.6
iso 2500
Hand held
DXO Raw, LRC, Topaz Sharpen
No crop

kevin Hice
06-27-2021, 02:51 PM
Wayne I like this one, definitely different, love the white bird with a dark background. Reds on the wings beautiful along with all the spray. Would have liked more on the bottom. TFS

John Mack
06-27-2021, 06:48 PM
The splashing and action are great. The bird stands out nicely against that dark background. Yes to more room.

Jay Ing
06-28-2021, 01:16 AM
Wow... love it. The mood, attitude and action... all winners in my book!

David Roach
06-28-2021, 05:08 AM
In this case, don't need the virtual legs for this canvas. Loving the "blackground" to show off this beauty in action. TFS

Wayne Niz
06-28-2021, 03:15 PM
Hey all

Thanks very much for the comments, actually was going to post this one as there is much better water movement, but problem is the end of the beak lost with the "Blackground"

William Dickson
06-28-2021, 05:18 PM
My kinda stuff.....Very well done Wayne....I like the RP the best....That face is asking to be photographed....Nice work...

Will

Colin Driscoll
06-28-2021, 06:28 PM
The first shot is my pick, it really has a dramatic feel.

gail bisson
06-29-2021, 12:31 PM
I love both ut the water in the second frame is wonderful
Well done!

Wayne Niz
06-29-2021, 02:50 PM
Wow, thanks all for the really positive responses, especially from such accomplished artists and photographers much appreciated, definitely puts a little extra spring in the step

Jonathan Ashton
06-30-2021, 02:12 PM
Both really super images very attention drawing, agreed a tad tight in the frame but they really are dramatic images well done.

Gabriela Plesea
06-30-2021, 02:32 PM
Lovely work Wayne, enjoyed viewing both images! Agree with Jon, subject a little tight in the frame but the WOW factor is there:w3 Well exposed, nice colours and those droplets of water add so much...:cheers:

Kind regards,

Brian Sump
06-30-2021, 10:59 PM
Wayne, love the dramatic lighting to bring out the subject against the blacks.

The op has some great oranges and pinks that really add and it looks plenty sharp. Love the oof splashes too! Main issue for me is lack of eye contact, which the second one really shows nicely!

The beak tucked doesn't bother me a bit. The water droplets are so nice. I'd be tempted to try to brush in some dodging around the eye and upper neck to really bring that out. Perhaps overall luminosity on the subject could come up without overdoing the highlights, and maybe add a bit below if you have it.

Nice frames man!

Wayne Niz
07-01-2021, 06:04 AM
Both really super images very attention drawing, agreed a tad tight in the frame but they really are dramatic images well done.

Het Jonathan,

Thank you for your time, I am considering revisiting the bird park and trying to get similar captures with more room around the bird as this has been a common suggestion.

Thanks very much for your time once again

Wayne Niz
07-01-2021, 06:06 AM
Lovely work Wayne, enjoyed viewing both images! Agree with Jon, subject a little tight in the frame but the WOW factor is there:w3 Well exposed, nice colours and those droplets of water add so much...:cheers:

Kind regards,

Hey Gabriela,

Always great to see another South African. Thank you so much for your kind words and time

Cheers

Wayne Niz
07-01-2021, 06:13 AM
Wayne, love the dramatic lighting to bring out the subject against the blacks.

The op has some great oranges and pinks that really add and it looks plenty sharp. Love the oof splashes too! Main issue for me is lack of eye contact, which the second one really shows nicely!

The beak tucked doesn't bother me a bit. The water droplets are so nice. I'd be tempted to try to brush in some dodging around the eye and upper neck to really bring that out. Perhaps overall luminosity on the subject could come up without overdoing the highlights, and maybe add a bit below if you have it.

Nice frames man!

Hey Brian

Thanks again for your kind words and advice which I will apply. These are both full frame pics with no crop at all so am considering a reshoot with a hope that I can recreate with more room.

Thanks again

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-02-2021, 01:40 AM
Very nice. Both images are good. Second one better.

Black Background works really well.