PDA

View Full Version : Summer Lakeside Flowers...

David Roach
06-26-2021, 09:53 PM
EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f8 1/800 ISO 6400 HH, Manual EXP, Small crop for composition

Back to biking and birding this evening...

Jonathan Ashton
06-27-2021, 04:57 AM
I like it, the eye is very sharp and so is the head and bill, the flowers make for pleasant surroundings. You must have cropped for good reason but I would have liked perhaps a little more space at the base and at the LHS.
I have no idea what species the bird is ??

David Roach
06-27-2021, 06:57 AM
I like it, the eye is very sharp and so is the head and bill, the flowers make for pleasant surroundings. You must have cropped for good reason but I would have liked perhaps a little more space at the base and at the LHS.
I have no idea what species the bird is ??

Hi mate, crop was very small and took a little off the top and RHS. Wish I had more on left and bottom. Been imaging vertical even when close as the tech (animal and face/eye detect) allows for this difficult composition as it sticks to eye. It's a limpkin. Only found in Florida and the Caribbean and specializes in eating large fresh water snails and mollusks. Thanks for the valued feedback as always.

Paul Burdett
06-27-2021, 07:02 AM
Lovely pose and HA, sharp with nice detail. The BG compliments the bird nicely, and the flowers add to the overall mood. Yes to more space as Jonathan suggests.

Daniel Cadieux
06-27-2021, 10:55 AM
I too wish for a bit more space (zooming out to 450ish mms and pointing slightly up) but I know in the heat of the action we can sometimes not see the need. I like the subject, IQ, and the flowery setting.

David Roach
06-27-2021, 11:16 AM
I too wish for a bit more space (zooming out to 450ish mms and pointing slightly up) but I know in the heat of the action we can sometimes not see the need. I like the subject, IQ, and the flowery setting.

Thanks to all for valued inputs. This guy was actually working on a big snail and only lifting head to be sure the big guy laying in the grass was staying put. I am sure, even in the heat of the moment and without advantage of AF features, you would have nailed it. Rumors say R7 coming soon... The mind boggles at what you would do with new tech... Grrr...
Thanks again to all for very valued help.

kevin Hice
06-27-2021, 03:25 PM
Nice image and the flowers really add to the composition. First thought was too tight as mentioned. Details and sharpness are superb. TFS

John Mack
06-27-2021, 06:47 PM
Looks great with all those flowers. Vertical framing is nice. Agree about the tightness.

Wayne Niz
06-28-2021, 04:10 AM
Lovely pic and elegant bird agree with the others on more space particularly at the back of the bird

William Dickson
06-28-2021, 05:34 PM
We are there with you David....Nice DOF....maybe try a wee touch less exposure....

Will

David Roach
06-28-2021, 07:12 PM
We are there with you David....Nice DOF....maybe try a wee touch less exposure....

Will

Thanks to all for the help and your specific kind words brought a grateful smile...