PDA

View Full Version : Adult Peregrine Falcon

Kambiz Shoarinejad
06-22-2021, 06:56 PM

This past year, with the pandemic, and with how crazy busy I was both at my day job, and at my side teaching job, I just did not get a chance to even pick up my camera! With the quarter finally over, I managed to make a quick visit to our local falcon spot on my way to work yesterday,. It was an overcast day, and this is one of the few frames I captured.

Nikon D5, 600mm f/4E + 1.4x TC-14E III, f/5.6, 1/2500", ISO 4000, Handheld, processed in C1Pro + Photoshop, cropped and extended the background a bit for composition.

Paul Burdett
06-22-2021, 10:53 PM
Hi kambiz. Super shot! Despite the weather conditions I really like the pose, HA and sharpness. I know from personal experience how fast these birds can fly, so kudos to you. TFS

Colin Driscoll
06-23-2021, 06:04 AM
Great pose and I really like the overall tone of the shot. Does look a little soft though. Big crop?

Kambiz Shoarinejad
06-23-2021, 10:57 AM
Hi kambiz. Super shot! Despite the weather conditions I really like the pose, HA and sharpness. I know from personal experience how fast these birds can fly, so kudos to you. TFS

Thank you so much Paul. Yes, these guys are amazingly fast indeed. Lots of fun just watching them fly...

Kambiz Shoarinejad
06-23-2021, 10:58 AM
Great pose and I really like the overall tone of the shot. Does look a little soft though. Big crop?

Thanks Colin. I have to go back and check. It wasn’t a huge crop, but yes, not a small one either.

Dorian Anderson
06-23-2021, 06:02 PM
Love the steely tones in this frame. They are really moody. Pose looks great, and the details are more than passable. There is, however, a strong hao along the front side of both wings, perhaps from excess sharpening. I also think the bird should be shifted left in the frame a bit. That or include more canvas to right. It feels right-heavy as is. But overall a really striking result. Well done.

Kambiz Shoarinejad
06-23-2021, 08:51 PM
Love the steely tones in this frame. They are really moody. Pose looks great, and the details are more than passable. There is, however, a strong hao along the front side of both wings, perhaps from excess sharpening. I also think the bird should be shifted left in the frame a bit. That or include more canvas to right. It feels right-heavy as is. But overall a really striking result. Well done.

Thanks a lot Dorian for the feedback. I think I see what you mean by the halo. I don't think it is from excess sharpening though. I guess it's been caused as I messed with the exposure, and in particular, darkened the background a bit in PS.

Cheers...

Brian Sump
06-23-2021, 10:11 PM
Kambiz, I love the full vertical pose and great eye contact.

The gray on gray is pretty neat. It looks plenty sharp to my eyes!

There appears to be a little masking remnant between a couple of the tail feathers? Otherwise, wouldn't hurt me at all to have a little more punch in the 3/4 tones.

Well presented, thank you!

arash_hazeghi
06-24-2021, 12:12 AM
looks great Kambiz, typical June gloom. Halo should be easy to fix, I have a couple of files just like this one

TFS

John Mack
06-27-2021, 01:43 PM
The falcon gave you a nice head turn. I like the dorsal view.

Wayne Niz
06-28-2021, 04:28 AM
Great picture with BG color complimenting the bird