PDA

View Full Version : Pop goes the Thrasher....

David Roach
06-18-2021, 06:43 PM
EOS R6 RF 100-500 @500 f7.1 1/640 ISO 2500 HH, Manual EXP, medium cropped to vertical
This beauty was foraging for chicks when the guy laying in the grass was finally noticed. Sized me up and then went about business.

Paul Burdett
06-18-2021, 11:54 PM
Lovely capture David. Might have named this one "Peek-a-boo":bg3: Definitely giving you the eye. Lovely detail, HA, sharpness and smooth BG. For me I would take some off the bottom...up to just above the lower white oof patch, and a small amount from the top and RHS, whilst maintaining the vertical crop you want.

Arthur Morris
06-19-2021, 11:34 AM
Neat capture. Thanks the lord for the lawnmower! Those were some thick blades of grass. You might consider eliminating the o-o-f white area in the center foreground. And the two white areas abutting the thrasher's back are also distracting.

with love, artie

John Mack
06-19-2021, 05:04 PM
The low angle is great. Also like that pose and the framing. Love the greens.

Andreas Liedmann
06-20-2021, 05:09 AM
Hi David ... lovely low POV and the " peek-a-boo " effect well executed .
Only thing i might change is the tonality in the subject , just a bit more depth or " Ooomph" might help

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
06-20-2021, 09:06 AM
A fine low angle shot, I too think it needs a little more tonal contrast and I think I would reduce the sharpening a little also. The red colouration in the head looks great but I think it could be shown to even better effect.

Brian Sump
06-20-2021, 05:52 PM
David, neat concept you presented here. I love the eye that jumps out in the green canvas.

The bkg is super sweet. Light seems nice and even.

Looks like you have plenty of detail so I might suggest pulling back sharpening a bit. Might also look at reducing the brightness of the cut edges of some of the grass blades.