PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper Sparrow.

Daniel Cadieux
06-17-2021, 05:29 PM
It's always a pleasure to make my way over to a specific spot to photograph this species, as it is on the very outskirts of its range over here and rather uncommon. Except at a couple of areas that they are known to frequent yearly. When looking for a "perch" to set up, I was not purposefully looking for a matching one, but when I came upon this particular rock it clicked right away that would somewhat match the sparrow's plumage, so that is the one I chose.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1250s., f/5.6, ISO 400, natural light, handheld while prone on the ground, FF. Audio used.

dankearl
06-17-2021, 08:36 PM
Cool perch for the species, maybe f8? to get leaves besides rock in focus if possible given the light you had, very nice.

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-17-2021, 09:19 PM
COol Shot.

Now that is a species I want to photograph this year.

Like the overall scene. Is the light a bit harsh ?

TFS

Brian Sump
06-17-2021, 09:51 PM
A species I hope to capture one day. You did a great job with the setup and I love how the natural foliage ties in.

Sweet pose and strong composition. From a framing perspective, very nice how the blurred grasses stop just short of the breast.

A beaut Daniel!

Jonathan Ashton
06-18-2021, 03:15 AM
I like everything, I don't know if you have a frame that includes a little more of the base, I get the impression the rock has been cut off as it were - just wondering if some inclusion of ground level would help?

David Roach
06-18-2021, 07:00 PM
A FF piece of art... So, what's new... Grrrr.... R7 is coming, not that you need it,,, TFS

Arthur Morris
06-19-2021, 11:52 AM
Wicked perch, wicked image -- I love the BKGR, and wicked BKGR. Heck, and a wicked bird too --- I've seen this species once or twice in my life.

with love, artie

John Mack
06-19-2021, 05:10 PM
Cannot beat the setting on this one. Framing is bang on. Excellent pose on the bird.