PDA

View Full Version : The humble UK Robin

Steve Kaluski
06-16-2021, 02:29 AM
OK, species wise this feisty LBJ may not set the world alight, but perhaps one of the tamest of species, and who view humans, 'as'pigs' because when we work in our gardens, like pigs, we disturb all the bugs & beetles when we plant and maintain them.

Shot whilst working in the garden, braced myself against the tree, and shot, minimal NR in LR based on ISO3200. The backdrop is a conifer hedge, but for me, it's the gorgeous vibrant moss on the fencing, the streaks in the BKG is rain, it's the UK.

Thanks to those who commented or views the last posting

Steve

Subject: Robin (Erithacus rubecula)
Camera: Canon EOS R5
Lens: EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXT
Exposure: 1/800s at f/5.6 ISO3200
Original format: Landscape, very slight crop almost FF
Processed via: LRCC 9.4 & PSCC2020

Stu Bowie
06-16-2021, 08:08 AM
Hi Steve, lovely eye level perspective here, and the little guy has given you a nice pose against your distant hedge. The yellow and greys of the Robin look good together. I like the moss along the top of the fence. Lots of detail on the fence with hints of moss there too. If this were mine, I would take a bit off the bottom. :w3 A good result with the high ISO.

Slugging in the garden will keep you trim. :w3

John Mack
06-16-2021, 09:51 AM
The moss on the perch is very nice. I do like the framing. Killer detail per ususal.

Andreas Liedmann
06-16-2021, 10:51 AM
Hi Steve ... nice shoulder look of the cutie !!!
High usual IQ and superb tones / colors !!!

The very dominant perch is somewhat overwhelming the cute subject .... maybe cropping different , or play with the tones might make it les obvious ???!!!

TFS Andreas

Brian Sump
06-16-2021, 11:30 AM
Steve, one of the nicest ones I've seen in a while from you. As a personal preference I love the even light distribution, the sweet dorsal view with obligatory head angle and the moss on the perch does so much for this simple subject.

I love the rich colors and the details from your textbook processing. I am also a fan of bring in the crop to reduce the bottom of the perch some (only a slight bit), which may require a 'global' crop adjustment to retain similar proportions.

Nicely shown sir.

Jonathan Ashton
06-17-2021, 07:20 AM
Looks good to me Steve, colours and tones excellent. I too go along with a crop off the base to just the top of the Copyright.

Steve Kaluski
06-18-2021, 12:44 PM
OK Folks, here you go with a little off the fence, I'm reluctant to take off too much asI like the texture, but hate having images that appear to be 'falling out' of frame. :w3