PDA

View Full Version : Young one with an upward look - AKs

Jay Ing
06-15-2021, 02:01 AM
Still processing the last few days. Another little guy learning the ropes. They are mostly out of the box now and will soon be long gone :(

A1+600GM+1.4 Tripod and Gimbal
1000, 4000, f10
C1P, PS, DenoiseAi

Brian Sump
06-15-2021, 10:18 PM
Jay, has been a fun series to view. Unfortunately this one just missed critical sharpness on the head for me. It may have grabbed the chest or leading edge of a wing I think.

Keep pushing and keep posting man!

arash_hazeghi
06-15-2021, 11:51 PM
love the pose, and the BG. The focus is dead on and at f/10 most of it is in focus anyway but this image has motion blue as clearly seen on the talons and the linear catchlight. This is a very common problem shooting flight on a tripod with a gimbal despite the fast shutter speed. When mounted, turning off OSS will help but it will still be a struggling effort to follow erratic subject anchored to a gimbal and get a tack sharp frame... the lens is feather weight so I'd just hand hold and you will instantly get much better results :)

TFS

Stu Bowie
06-16-2021, 08:15 AM
Hi Jay, great banking flight pose, and I like the extended legs. I really like the colour of the BG.

John Mack
06-16-2021, 10:33 AM
Man, you cannot beat that background. I do like the pose as well.

Andreas Liedmann
06-16-2021, 11:11 AM
Hi Jay the action captured is great , nice pose . Would like to have that one in my archive ....

Personally I think the image is not ideally processed ... the feathers looking quite soft , flat tones , color well ... matter of taste , does look too yellow to me . So will leave that to you ...

C1 should deliver better results on all counts .... if the raw is sharp and well focused :w3 ???!!! Hopefully I can raise that question ... in context with the camera :w3:t3

TFS Andreas