PDA

View Full Version : Handsome

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-13-2021, 11:35 PM
I made this image on my North Dakota trip. This was taken on the first day of the Trip. We waited for some time after setting up the blind and I was really happy to see this bird.

Nikon D850, 600 f/4 + 1.4x TCIII
Info 1/4000s f/5.6 ISO1600
Cropped in from Right
RAW processing using Capture one
Clone one small twig near foot.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

TFS

kevin Hice
06-14-2021, 04:45 AM
Love the blue background and definitely low. I remember this guy I didn't shoot very many frames of him just so beat up. Nice raised foot adds to the image. Nice overall . Just call him scruffy. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
06-14-2021, 09:12 AM
Very appealing image here with a super nice low angle and BG. Raised foot adds a lot. He does look pretty scruffy...with nothing on this species I'd have hit the shutter en masse as well. Maybe needs darker midtones as posted, and I'd likely trade about 10-15 % off the bottom to add back above. Super job overall though!

Bill Dix
06-14-2021, 10:47 AM
Wonderful frame. Great pose and setting. Maybe some day I'll get there. I agree with Daniel: a smidge off the bottom added to the top, and a few points of black added to midtones. But I'd take this in a heartbeat.

Stu Bowie
06-14-2021, 01:31 PM
Hi Krishna, I like the low perspective and the light looks nice and soft. Lots of feather detail to look at, and well timed to capture the raised foot and cocked tail. I feel the comp is just fine as is.

dankearl
06-14-2021, 08:19 PM
I agree with the suggestions. Very nice frame, great angle and details and the BG is about as nice as it gets..

John Mack
06-16-2021, 10:40 AM
Looks great. Nice low angle. The raised foot is nice. I do like the framing.

Brian Sump
06-16-2021, 10:46 AM
Krishna, gorgeous frame you have here. Splendid composition, well lit across the subject, great dof and fantastic bkg transition.

This is near perfect for me. All I could suggest is a slight bump in the mid range as it presents just a bit 'light' in terms of punch.

Super well done man!!

Andreas Liedmann
06-16-2021, 11:20 AM
Hi Krishna .... great stuff , I like it as presented :5:cheers::5

As I am always open tp play with tonal range ... I would try the mid tone move as suggested , but not GLOBALLY :w3

Very nice work , TFS Andreas