PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Black Tip Reef Shark

garyyoss
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Taken in Nassau, Bahamas with an Canon G9 in an Ikelite Housing

Dan Brown
07-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi Gary. Cool! I like the surface water color. The main shark looks a little soft and I would remove the second shark that is cut by the right side of the frame. I would like a tighter crop also, but that's just me. You get big points for degree of difficulty from me!! Thanks for sharing.

Dan Brown

Gus Cobos
07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey Gary,
Welcome back buddy...:D I was beginning to think that you were lunch for this frisky fellow...:eek::D:p:p
I like it very much as is. good show...:) The secound shark in the background adds flair to the composition. How is that Canon G9 working out for you?:cool:

Robert Amoruso
07-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Cool image Gary. I like his angle to the camera and the light coming from the surface.

The cut off shark is not working and if there are other sharks in the BG, it is too murky to make them stand out. The composition is too centered. Below is a suggested recrop. It retains the like coming from the surface, eliminates the murky BG below the shark and moves him out of the center. I would also suggest cloning out the circular reflections in the water. Not the small ones, just those 5 or so large ones.

Ramon M. Casares
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Robert took the words out of my mouth, I agree with him completely, also I think it is a remarkable shot!! The color are amazing!

David Steele
07-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Nice shot Gary. As a fellow underwater photographer, G9 owner and shark lover, I was wondering if you used a strobe on this and how you think the Ikelight compares with the Canon housing.