PDA

View Full Version : Cordilleran Flycatcher

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-09-2021, 11:32 PM
I made this image from Arizona Birding Trip. We saw 29 new species of birds and my wife was really happy with the Trip.

I only got a couple of decent shots this trip during my photography time which was few and far between.

I made this image at Mount Lemmon and one of my favorite from the trip.
Audio used to photograph the bird.

Nikon Z6II 500 PF + 1.4 xTCII
ISO 3200, f/8, 1/80 sec
Manual Mode

Post-processing:-
Raw Processing using Capture one
Small crop from the top
Clone one dark spot in the background
Neat Image NR
Photoshop color correction to remove greens
Sharpen for presentation

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

Jonathan Ashton
06-10-2021, 04:53 AM
Looks good, pleasing pose and composition.
A little surprised you used Neat Image - doesn't Capture one use PureRaw?

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-10-2021, 08:01 AM
I do not know what pure raw is.
Not sure on capture on pure raw.

Brian Sump
06-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Krishna, sounds like a wonderful trip with your wife. Time together is absolutely paramount, and if you get a chance to shoot then great!

A very pleasing image to my eyes. Subject has lots of detail and wonderful HA. Like that the tail cleared the branch. It must have just taken a drink eh, with the wet chest?

I am good with the comp as is, but would also love to see a version with the subject and branch a little more left if you had it.

Otherwise, it feels too green to my eyes. Pulled into PS, opened the Channel Mixer adj layer and moved the greens slider under the green channel down to +97 (which is -3 from 100) and it feels better to my eyes. That was just a quick global assessment though. See what you think.

John Mack
06-10-2021, 04:56 PM
Nice pose and perch. Plenty of the room for the bird to look into.

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-11-2021, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the comments Brian.

It was raining and hence the wet feathers. This was taken in deep green trees with leaves and hence the colors

Arthur Morris
06-12-2021, 09:00 AM
This is a very fine image of a hard to photograph species. I would not change the image design one bit; I like the perch coming into the frame from the upper right corner. And the head angle rocks!

How is the Z6 ii for birds in flight?

with love, artie

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-12-2021, 11:29 AM
This is a very fine image of a hard to photograph species. I would not change the image design one bit; I like the perch coming into the frame from the upper right corner. And the head angle rocks!

How is the Z6 ii for birds in flight?

with love, artie

Hi Artie,

Z6ii is practically unusable for flight. It is really good for everything else.

Hope AF is improved through firmware updates.

Thanks
Krishna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk