PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Warbler

Vaughn Larsen
06-08-2021, 07:59 PM
June seems to have hit with a larger than usual number of Yellow-Warblers in the area. This shot is about 20 minutes after sunrise, responding to audio of a Cedar Waxwing. comments welcome.

Canon R5 RF 100-500 at 500mm
ISO 500
1/2000
f9

ACR for white balance, PS to bring down level on the perch, DN on background.

arash_hazeghi
06-08-2021, 11:05 PM
stands out nicely against the dark BG. it can go a bit brighter and you can post a bit larger too.

TFS

Randy Stout
06-09-2021, 05:57 AM
Vaughn:

I like the colors, well scaled, angled perch, softly varied background, nice head angle.

I find 1200 is a nice size for vertical images.

I agree with Arash, perhaps just a few points brighter, but it does feel like early light as posted.

Cheers

Randy

Kurt Bowman
06-09-2021, 11:06 AM
Nice frame Vaughn! I like the perch, the HA, the BG and the details in the bird. I like as posted, but wouldn't mind seeing one with the suggestions to compare.

Arthur Morris
06-09-2021, 11:09 AM
Sharp and technically perfect, and yes, I know how tough warblers are. I am not a fan of the boxy crop here or of the hunched over posture. I'd love to see a tail up pose.

with love, artie

dankearl
06-09-2021, 12:26 PM
Great subject and very well done I think. Yes to posting larger next time...

Dorian Anderson
06-09-2021, 08:55 PM
Lovely lighting and look-back pose. Details are nice and sharp across the subject - even if he is hunched a bit!

I personally like the box crop but feel you need to loosed it a bit. Not sure if the surrounding foliage will allow that without massive distraction/cloning.

Vaughn Larsen
06-09-2021, 10:05 PM
stands out nicely against the dark BG. it can go a bit brighter and you can post a bit larger too.

TFS

Thanks for the suggestions Arash.

Vaughn:

I like the colors, well scaled, angled perch, softly varied background, nice head angle.

I find 1200 is a nice size for vertical images.

I agree with Arash, perhaps just a few points brighter, but it does feel like early light as posted.

Cheers

Randy

Randy thanks for the kind words. Will give the bird a little lift.

Nice frame Vaughn! I like the perch, the HA, the BG and the details in the bird. I like as posted, but wouldn't mind seeing one with the suggestions to compare.

Appreciate the kind remarks Kurt.

Sharp and technically perfect, and yes, I know how tough warblers are. I am not a fan of the boxy crop here or of the hunched over posture. I'd love to see a tail up pose.

with love, artie

Artie thanks for the comments, I too struggled with the hunch - but that's all he'd give me.

Great subject and very well done I think. Yes to posting larger next time...

Thank you Dan, appreciate it.

Lovely lighting and look-back pose. Details are nice and sharp across the subject - even if he is hunched a bit!

I personally like the box crop but feel you need to loosed it a bit. Not sure if the surrounding foliage will allow that without massive distraction/cloning.

Thank you Dorian, always enjoy your feedback. Spot on with the foliage, above the bird projected towards me and the out of focus seemed distracting, and beyond my post processing.

Brian Sump
06-09-2021, 10:40 PM
Vaughn, for me, the pose and composition are wonderful. Plenty of detail and great eye contact. Gorgeous yellow on green... always a winner!

I love that the perch is in focus and the touch of foliage at top really adds.

You could possibly try a slightly narrower crop, coming in from right to see but I'd take this one as-is my friend.

TFS!

Krishna Prasad kotti
06-09-2021, 11:47 PM
I would like the bird to be more on the right side. I for one like warblers to be smaller in the frame.
But I would take this any day...

Well done.

TFS

John Mack
06-10-2021, 05:12 PM
I'd take this anyday. I like the framing. Perch is nice.