PDA

View Full Version : Brown hare (Lepus europaeus)

Jonathan Ashton
06-08-2021, 11:58 AM
Image captured around 06.30hr, he had just been resting and took off before I could change shutter speed. Next year I will not bother using SS below 1/1600 sec, that way I will be ready!

Olympus E-M1MarkIII
Focal Length : 300.0mm
Focal length in 35 mm film : 601.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 320
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/800 sec
Aperture : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

Andreas Liedmann
06-08-2021, 02:08 PM
Hi Jon ... looks very nice to me , at least at this size .
For sure you are more on the safe side with 1/1600 sec .
Lovely morning light and the greenery is looking good as well ...
Personally I would have chosen a crop with the subject a touch more to the left ....

Overall a very pleasing frame of the hare .

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
06-09-2021, 01:20 PM
Is this from the same position, but you have cropped the dark FG out Jon? Personally I would colour the FG to match the rest, I feel it would help overall.

Next year I will not bother using SS below 1/1600 sec, that way I will be ready!

Why not now?

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
06-10-2021, 12:57 AM
Is this from the same position, but you have cropped the dark FG out Jon? Personally I would colour the FG to match the rest, I feel it would help overall.

Why not now?

TFS
Steve

Steve, Similar position yes, just a bit closer, maybe I cropped a little more from the base. Regards returning, the crops are too tall, seeing them now is hit and miss.

Steve Kaluski
06-10-2021, 01:46 AM
Regards returning, the crops are too tall, seeing them now is hit and miss.

Indeed. All you see are the ears, hence why I took the route/POV I did with 'Harvey' for my shots. :S3:

Gabriela Plesea
07-05-2021, 12:43 PM
Lovely image Jon, so vivid, and your subject stands out nicely. Composition works for me.

I like the rich colours on the hare and pose is cute, he looks surprised:S3: Agree with Steve, darkening the FG would be good.

Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a pleasant rest of the week,

Warmest regards