PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Cactus

Roman Kurywczak
07-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I was visiting a friend in Mesa, Arizona......and decided to go to the Superstition Mtns. for a sunrise. Since I did not previously explore the place.........settled on this cactus as my morning shot as the sun was quickly coming up. Ideally.......I would have preferred a more typical cactus..........but felt the branches coming out of the ground helped this one. E100VS film........man I loved that film........no other exposure techs........that is a definite plus in digital!
As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Sharna Lee
07-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Roman,
I would like to see the top a little less dark. You almost lose the detail there on the cactus.
I do love the colors and bg is awesome.
Looking forward to more Arizona pics.

Sharna

Gayle Clement
07-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Beautiful rich colors and I even love that oddly shaped cactus. I agree that a bit of lightening at the top is needed.

Robert Amoruso
07-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Cool colors Roman.

Agree that lightening the top and getting better definition of the cactus to the BG would be good. Not sure if it would have been possible, but moving some to get separation between the two lower arms of the cactus would have been ideal.

Is this recent? You used film? OMG!:eek:

Paul Marcellini
07-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Wow, love those colors. The bush really does add to it. Only nit is a better cactus.