PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Virginia Rail

Dorian Anderson
06-04-2021, 10:00 AM
Probably my favorite frame I've captured in 2021

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II + 1.4x III on EOS 1DX2
1/3200 at f/5.6, ISO 800
Processed in LR CC. Cloned out a few distracting elements on ground.
Playback used to entice bird to cross the gravel road.

Arthur Morris
06-04-2021, 11:34 AM
A stunner. Killer pose, great low perspective, sweet light, and a perfect head angle. While seeing the complete far foot would be nice, that was not gonna happen. But you can consider losing the light clod of dirt that it blocking the top of that foot ...

with love, artie

ps: where?

Wayne Niz
06-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Lovely angle and colors, great pic well done

dankearl
06-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Best rail image I have seen... BG is remarkable for where you usually see these.. Well done getting it in the right location.

kevin Hice
06-04-2021, 01:17 PM
Beautiful and very hard to get. I had one last year walked out in open water with beautiful colors. Sadly not to be had. First frame was soft and second frame turned head and it was over. Great colors and background colors go well with the bird. TFS

Andreas Liedmann
06-04-2021, 01:33 PM
Hi Dorian .... what´s not to like here .
Nice color palette , good tonal range ... lovely low POV and the walking pose adds to it .
Cool work !!!

TFS Andreas

Daniel Cadieux
06-04-2021, 02:03 PM
These guys are fun, an they do respond well to call. Great light, and BG. The raised foot is good for extra points as well. The iris seems to not be fully red all around, and I know it's natural on this individual, but I'd be tempted to touch it up. This makes me want to go to my rail spot that I have not been to in a few years!

Brian Sump
06-04-2021, 10:43 PM
Dorian, not much critically from me. I can see why you fell in love with this one.

The light is so sweet, the pose is nailed and the rich, smooth bkg brings it home. Agreed, not an easy frame to get in their traditional environments.

Is that a touch of sand in the wing feathers or just some brighter white specs in the plumage poking through?

Fantastic capture [clap]!

gail bisson
06-05-2021, 07:23 AM
WOW just WOW! The light is "to die for"!
Great low POV and such a clean setting.
I love the clean BG but it does imply "audio used". Not a bad thing just something
I thought of before reading your comment.
Would love this in my files.

Kurt Bowman
06-05-2021, 06:15 PM
I love this image Dorian! I have never been about to get one out into the open, so great job! Love the BG, IQ, processing, etc. Really nice job!

arash_hazeghi
06-06-2021, 12:56 AM
look at that light...text book classic. low angle is great almost too low! just wish we could see more of the feet. nothing mode to add

TFS

William Dickson
06-06-2021, 10:52 AM
That's a belter Dorian....If they are anything like our Water Rail you did really well here...Great pose and POV...colours are sweet....A few years ago I was in my portable hide photographing flying ducks at the loch side.....A Water Rail climbed onto a branch near me and was mesmerised by the fast clicking of my camera...Very close and stood like a statue as I clicked away with the bird filling the frame....I gave in before he did...It was the same pose in almost 50 frames

Will