PDA

View Full Version : Sunbird luck

Wayne Niz
06-03-2021, 02:04 PM
Stopped at a petrol (gas) station on my weekend trip and found this little bird in a bush right next to my car

R6
100-400 ii
TC1.4 iii
1/1000
f8
iso 4000
hand held
Dxo Raw, LRC Topaz Sharpen
Crop 191046

Arthur Morris
06-03-2021, 02:37 PM
A very nice image with wonderful colors. I'd love to see more of the plant! Lots more, actually. How much more do you have?

with love, artie

Wayne Niz
06-03-2021, 03:33 PM
Hey Artie
Thanks for the kind words
Unfortunately not too much below but the whole plant to the top191049

John Mack
06-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Nice pose and perch. The colors of the plant make this one for me.

kevin Hice
06-03-2021, 06:53 PM
Wayne you have a beauty here for sure and the repost is better with more of the flower. Luck is good. TFS

Kurt Bowman
06-04-2021, 05:18 AM
Love the color of the flower io this and the pose from the bird. I do find myself wishing for more room on the right though. I do like the repost better, but would clone out the OOF flower.

Dorian Anderson
06-04-2021, 09:46 AM
A very striking image. Color and detail look good, especially on the plant! My only issue is the framing. The bird really needs more space to the right into which to look.

Wayne Niz
06-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Nice pose and perch. The colors of the plant make this one for me.
Hey John

Thanks for the comments

Cheers

Wayne Niz
06-04-2021, 12:14 PM
Wayne you have a beauty here for sure and the repost is better with more of the flower. Luck is good. TFS
Hey Kevin

Thanks very much for your comments

Cheers

Wayne Niz
06-04-2021, 12:15 PM
Love the color of the flower io this and the pose from the bird. I do find myself wishing for more room on the right though. I do like the repost better, but would clone out the OOF flower.

Hey Kurt

Found another frame with open beak and now with more room to the right, what do you think?

Wayne Niz
06-04-2021, 12:16 PM
A very striking image. Color and detail look good, especially on the plant! My only issue is the framing. The bird really needs more space to the right into which to look.
Hey Dorian

Found another frame with open beak and more room to the right, thanks for your comments

Cheers191061

Daniel Cadieux
06-04-2021, 02:19 PM
What a great bird and plant!! I love the repost, but it does need more room at right. What do you think about this?

Brian Sump
06-04-2021, 11:00 PM
Wayne, beautiful colors and a really great pose here. Love the unique flora and great seeing both feet sharp too!

And is that a beetle in the top flower??? If so, that's rad man!

I do like having the whole flower and I think Daniels crop takes a nice blend of all elements.

Just curious if you used an exposure or shadows brush to lift in LR? There seems to be a bright halo around parts of the bird and the flower and leaves. Just didn't seem natural to my eye. Maybe masking technique?

TFS!

Stu Bowie
06-05-2021, 05:08 AM
Hi Wayne, good feedback from everyone. Sunbirds are busy characters, and never keep still, so well done on getting this fellow before he disappeared. I like the pose and Dan's comp with more space to the RHS works best. Its always good to include most of a 'perch' as cutting parts off as per your OP takes away a bit of the overall image.

Wayne Niz
06-05-2021, 03:28 PM
What a great bird and plant!! I love the repost, but it does need more room at right. What do you think about this?
Wow that is awesome thank you Daniel:cheers:

Wayne Niz
06-05-2021, 03:31 PM
Wayne, beautiful colors and a really great pose here. Love the unique flora and great seeing both feet sharp too!

And is that a beetle in the top flower??? If so, that's rad man!

I do like having the whole flower and I think Daniels crop takes a nice blend of all elements.

Just curious if you used an exposure or shadows brush to lift in LR? There seems to be a bright halo around parts of the bird and the flower and leaves. Just didn't seem natural to my eye. Maybe masking technique?

TFS!

Hey Brian
Thank you for your comments, yes it is a beetle didn't even notice that, well spotted. Yes I did try and reduce the BG exposure, clearly not that well I now also notice the halo, will be a bit more careful next time with that, thanks for noticing.

Cheers

Wayne Niz
06-05-2021, 03:34 PM
Hi Wayne, good feedback from everyone. Sunbirds are busy characters, and never keep still, so well done on getting this fellow before he disappeared. I like the pose and Dan's comp with more space to the RHS works best. Its always good to include most of a 'perch' as cutting parts off as per your OP takes away a bit of the overall image.

Hey Stu,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment. Yes the bird had me running around much to the amusement to the customers in the shop and petrol station.. Thank you for your kind words and advice will definitely use it.

Cheers

arash_hazeghi
06-06-2021, 12:46 AM
MUCH better than the vulture shots, all the points covered already. If it were me I'd take the TC off and gone for a vertical shot to show more of the pretty flower. a bit head turn towards us would have been ideal

TFS