PDA

View Full Version : Doing great... Be back soon...

David Roach
05-29-2021, 11:55 AM
EOS R6 RF 70-200 @200 f4, 1/2700 ISO 1000 HH, Manual EXP, Cropped square from vertical (yes for instagram...)

Long story short; Had medical scare(few months back), turned out to be quite treatable but tests/ scans showed work to be done by me. Been focusing on health with great results and will be back soon. Haven't checked in as it just makes me want to go birding instead of focus on health. Almost at final goal which will allow more time for birding. Thanks to Gail and Volkun for concern. The only recently created avian image I have as I couldn't resist this beauty even though I normally don't prefer captive subjects. Taken at mid day through netting as we were visiting zoo with grand kids (yeah covid vaccinations...). This beauty was cooling off by standing in a rotating sprinkler/misting stream. Focus is on the rotating stream. The eye and ear whiskers have mist droplets (not sharpening halos). It was comical with those ears pulled back in anticipation... Miss this community, will be back real soon...

Joseph Przybyla
05-29-2021, 12:48 PM
Hi David, welcome back, hoping you were well in your absence but kind of afraid to ask knowing how the virus was in your area. Do what you have to to overcome your medical problem. Nice image of Horned Owl. Wonderful colors, complimentary background. Thank you for sharing.

arash_hazeghi
05-29-2021, 01:19 PM
Hope you are feeling better and will soon be back to 100%. Stay safe

Bill Dix
05-29-2021, 02:37 PM
Wonderful colors, details, pose. Glad you're on the mend. Keep doing what you have to do to get back to 100%. Looking forward to more of your images when you're ready.

dankearl
05-29-2021, 03:27 PM
Excellent David.. Good luck,, is not bike riding and birding part of a health regimen? It is for me....
Hope to see you posting again regularly soon.

David Roach
05-30-2021, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the kind words:S3:
Yes Dan, I will return to the birding part of Biking and birding soon. Am biking two times a day at 10 miles each but the birding reduces aerobic benefit as I stop for all birds...
Joseph, that reddish is wonderful as usual and thanks for the well wishes.
Arash, really appreciate the encouragement and I'm getting there every day.
Bill, loved the feeding parent and really appreciate your thoughts.

John Mack
05-30-2021, 05:54 AM
Nice to see you posting. I do like the gaze on the owl. Here's to a speedy recovery. Stay safe.

Daniel Cadieux
05-30-2021, 03:58 PM
Hi David, I am happy to hear the road to full recovery is on track. We often take health for granted until something happens. I am also glad you stopped to photograph this captive owl - I am sure it helps bridge the gap until "real" birding starts up again. Looking forward to your renewed participation in 100% health!

Paul Burdett
05-30-2021, 09:00 PM
Ditto the positive comments here David. I guess we all sometimes take our health for granted, so I'm glad you're on the mend. Take care and keep posting...I always enjoy viewing your images.