PDA

View Full Version : Bobolink Showing Its Best (Back) Side.

Daniel Cadieux
05-26-2021, 02:05 PM
All the other species of the blackbird family collectively comment "Show off!!", to which the Bobolink replies (in its RD-2D voice) "That's nothing, you should hear me sing!" I was hoping for any of the beautiful posts located on each side outside the frame. I did not imagine the Bobolink would perch on this delicate dry plant that was lower and between those posts, and with its way-cool back towards me to boot! Even better, and a super bonus I thought:c3:

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1000s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld (lens resting through open window), photographed from my car, FF, minor bill cleanup using spot-removal, audio used to entice the bird closer.

John Mack
05-26-2021, 06:41 PM
Lovely view of this bobolink. I do like the overall framing. The look back pose is very nice. I saw a couple of these the other morning. Great background.

Randy Stout
05-27-2021, 07:09 AM
Daniel:

Nice that he picked the best perch for you! Good look back pose, details in the darks, smooth bg.

I could see a version with a bit less negative space to the right. Personal taste.

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
05-27-2021, 09:43 AM
Hi Dan, beautiful bird, nicely shown, interesting perch, perfect background. Techs spot on as always. Thank you for sharing.

gail bisson
05-27-2021, 01:53 PM
I love this one.
Perfect crop for my taste. IQ excellent.
The dainty perch and lookback pose are perfect.
Well done Dan!

Krishna Prasad kotti
05-28-2021, 07:01 PM
Beautiful colors.
No changes for me.
TFS

Bill Dix
05-29-2021, 09:47 AM
Wonderful shot. Great look-back pose and lovely field plant for a perch. Nicely exposed blacks and whites. The few times I've managed to find these guys in breeding plumage the light has worked against me. I'll keep trying, with this shot as my goal.

David Roach
05-30-2021, 05:27 AM
You are still the man...:bg3: Do I really need to say why this is sublime... TFS