PDA

View Full Version : small runner

arash_hazeghi
05-25-2021, 02:46 AM
I believe this is a semipalmated sandpiper. These are little speed demons, chasing the right behind the tide to fish out tiny seaworms and shellfish. It was very difficult to get them running in the past since you had to keep it centered but now with BEA it's pretty much point and shoot :D

A1 200-600 at 600mm f/6.3 1/4000 sec ISO-1000 handheld processed with C1P. the bird was nowhere near the center of the frame in the original!

hope you like it

Dorian Anderson
05-25-2021, 08:50 AM
My kinda frame! Low angle looks good. This is a Sanderling molting in breeding plumage. Semipalmated Sandpiper doesn't have rufous on the
back and it quite rare on the West Coast. Cheers,

Kurt Bowman
05-25-2021, 02:43 PM
I also thought this was a Sanderling...but I could be wrong. But great frame! I have shot them before and know how fast they are. I have only a tiny nit. There are a couple fo sand grains that are almost bright white. I might clean those up a bit, but just my opinion. Great work!

Arthur Morris
05-25-2021, 05:30 PM
Sharp as expected. Love the clean sand. But not the angle of the light nor the head turned every-so-slightly away from us.

with love, artie

John Mack
05-25-2021, 05:56 PM
Looks great all around. I can just see them running back and forth in those receding waves.

Jack Backs
05-25-2021, 07:44 PM
Nice image. That smooth sand is killer. You're description reminds me of a Pixar animated short....can't remember the name.

arash_hazeghi
05-25-2021, 09:29 PM
Sharp as expected. Love the clean sand. But not the angle of the light nor the head turned every-so-slightly away from us.

with love, artie

Thanks Artie from here the head looks parallel to me. Maybe I am imagining things. Sun was behind my neck but a bit to my right I was lucky there are almost no shadows on the bird.

Brian Sump
05-25-2021, 10:38 PM
Arash, nice to see you getting some shore bird action. Viewing the frame without a name attached, I would not have guessed it was yours (that's a compliment btw).

Love the simplicity and redundancy of the gray sand. One of the more nicely processed subjects recently IMO and, I've never been one to nail down the HA issue battle but I would not have pegged this one as turned away at all. Just my perception.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to clone that spec highlight on right but I'd take this as is.

arash_hazeghi
05-25-2021, 11:23 PM
thanks guys I was too lazy to clone out the highlights I will clean it up

Wayne Niz
05-26-2021, 05:07 AM
Love this pic, the little thing is running with such purpose like he is late for a train or something, awesome