PDA

View Full Version : Nighthawk

Layton E Parham
07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Many Nighthawks flying before Tuesday's thunderstorms. Kenansville, Florida
Canon EOS 1D Mark III, 500F4L IS, at 700 mm, Iso 400, F5.6, 1/250 sec. 50% crop

Doug Brown
07-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Beautiful bird on a nice perch. I'd like it better if it were looking the other way, because the photo is somewhat out of balance with the bird looking to the right. Some fill flash or + EC would have helped bring out a little more detail here due to the backlighting. Thanks for posting!

Juan Aragonés
07-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Love the sharpness of the image and the soft light. I like a lot the the lower branch in the perch because closely resembles the forked tail of this species. Well done

Axel Hildebrandt
07-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Great find and details. I agree regarding positive EC and a lower angle would have made it even better. There also seems to be a slight sharpening halo. Thanks for sharing!

Kaushik Balakumar
07-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Composition wise, most of the times I too would have liked the bird looking into the frame rather than away, BUT in this case it would have resulted in the strong top branch competing for attention with the bird (if it were to face into the frame). Now, since the bird is facing away from the branch, the eye tends to follow it easily & settle on it. Hence I like it as posted.
That apart, I agree with Juan - actually I never noticed it in the beginning but after he said it, yes !

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Not an easy image to capture and I like this one. Very sharp with lovely detail and I like the pose and composition.although I would prefer a lower angle but then that is not always possible. Great find and nice capture !

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
A very unusual species. Very good job and details.

Fabs Forns
07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I saw my first one on my trip to Viera when we saw you. They are so cool looking, and you compo here works extremely well. Congrats!

Glenn Bartley
07-10-2008, 08:48 AM
I just wish he would have looked back the other way. As is Im not crazy about the comp.