PDA

View Full Version : Cape Vulture Nest Building

Wayne Niz
05-10-2021, 10:51 AM
Another Pic from my visit to the nesting site - Oribi Gorge Kwa Zulu Natal South Africa
R5
Ef 600 f4 ii
TC 2 iii
1200mm
1/4000
f8
Iso1600
Sticks with gimbal

Andreas Liedmann
05-10-2021, 11:32 AM
Hi Wayne .... a nice capture of the busy vulture .

Personally I think the missing eye are a bit unfortunate . But I do like the incoming flight pose .

Image does have some " issues " as presented , IMHO . As follows .... clipped blacks with no detail in the feet , clipped whites with no detail in the lighter plumage , white balance does look ok .... personally I would reduce the blues . Why have you chosen that crop ?? I think it is a wee bit tight .

Last thing is that the image does have no embedded color profile , the image should have the sRGB color profile embedded for web presentation to avoid any color shifts on different screens .

TFS Andreas

Arthur Morris
05-10-2021, 02:45 PM
The flight pose is neat and the nesting material is great but it looks as if sharpest focus is on the feet ...

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
05-10-2021, 05:45 PM
A bit more sharpening on the face would help, at least for web posting. Despite some of the issues brought up, this is quite a fun image that made me smile upon opening it!

John Mack
05-10-2021, 05:48 PM
I like the pano crop. The way the grasses wrap around the head are neat.

arash_hazeghi
05-11-2021, 10:51 PM
I like the wing position in this one much better the nesting material is great but the eyes are not visible. The sharpest focus was on the feet leaving the head soft

TFS