PDA

View Full Version : Loosen Up

Brian Sump
04-28-2021, 07:18 PM

This is the same Horned Grebe I posted a bit ago. Here, the goal was to work on a bit looser composition. You won't see quite as much close up detail but I wanted to capture the whole feel of the moment with some crazy light.

Curious how it feels to you.

R5
840mm
Handheld
ISO 3200
1/500
f6.3

LR and PS, DN. Touched one small spot on the water.

Paul Burdett
04-28-2021, 08:26 PM
Wow! Looks good to me. Love the whole composition, the colours, BG, reflection, sharpness, pov and the Grebe has amazing colouring...love that eye and crest. A "super Sump" image my friend. Keep 'em coming!

arash_hazeghi
04-28-2021, 10:58 PM
excellent low angle and the calm water really helped too the only thing I might do is inch back the neck whites and warm up a touch

TFS

Arthur Morris
04-29-2021, 09:23 AM
Highest compliment: I showed this one to Anita North who said, It looks like a Sump. DATPA!

with love, a

Andreas Liedmann
04-29-2021, 02:49 PM
Hi Brian ... always a great treat when opening your threads !!!!
Super cool subject .... and nicely processed .
The signature is clearly showing up ....:bg3:

Just tried my screen /softlight (2x) blend through the red/darks 3 ( group opacity 75% ) .... giving the darker tones some more pop :w3 , if you like try it out .

Cheers and TFS Andreas

Hope the little one is becoming better !!!

Bill Dix
04-29-2021, 04:03 PM
Lovely Sumper; looser comp works for me. Beautiful light, colors, low POV

John Mack
04-29-2021, 07:20 PM
Loosk great all around. Love the red eyes on these birds.

dankearl
04-29-2021, 09:51 PM
Whites are fine, if you lower they would gray.. Lovely.

Brian Sump
04-29-2021, 11:13 PM
Wow! Looks good to me. Love the whole composition, the colours, BG, reflection, sharpness, pov and the Grebe has amazing colouring...love that eye and crest. A "super Sump" image my friend. Keep 'em coming!

Paul, that's awesome man. I get stoked to hear you like these images so well. When we keep inspiring each other, the sky is the ceiling! Thank you.

excellent low angle and the calm water really helped too the only thing I might do is inch back the neck whites and warm up a touch

TFS

Thanks for the comments Arash. You know, I played around with the whites quite extensively and they started to get discolored. I do see a small patch that is in excess of 244 though, good eye!

Highest compliment: I showed this one to Anita North who said, It looks like a Sump. DATPA!

with love, a

Artie, IRYCAYF!!!

Very nice to catch up with you and Anita this morning. DeSoto sounds like a flipping blast!

Hi Brian ... always a great treat when opening your threads !!!!
Super cool subject .... and nicely processed .
The signature is clearly showing up ....:bg3:

Just tried my screen /softlight (2x) blend through the red/darks 3 ( group opacity 75% ) .... giving the darker tones some more pop :w3 , if you like try it out .

Cheers and TFS Andreas

Hope the little one is becoming better !!!

Andreas, love that you see my style in the images :-)

Great suggestion on the darks, I love it!!

PS - Our son is doing fantastic, was cleared by the medical staff and returning to his playful self!

Lovely Sumper; looser comp works for me. Beautiful light, colors, low POV

Bill, haha that's what my football coaches called me! Really glad you like this one!

Loosk great all around. Love the red eyes on these birds.

John, always thankful for your comments and your fantastic shots!

Whites are fine, if you lower they would gray.. Lovely.

Dan, you know I really appreciate you saying that. I was nervous they would come across too gray as it is, so I stopped pushing them. Appreciate your comments!

gail bisson
04-30-2021, 06:15 AM
Lovely!
Love the low POV and the calm water.
IQ and details are excellent,
Gail

William Dickson
05-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Late to the party here Brian...but wow...it looks perfecto here....Smart bird and you captured it very well...Great work again ...

Glad to hear the wee one is getting better.

Will

Volkan Akgul
05-01-2021, 04:54 PM
merhaba Brian
ne düşünüyorum 1920 x 1080 ekrana bakıyorum. tabii ki mükemmel. 32inc 4k-5k monitörün nasıl farklı olacağını merak ediyorum.

Tebrikler