PDA

View Full Version : Brown rat ( Rattus norvegicus)

Jonathan Ashton
04-20-2021, 10:51 AM
I have been watching a local badger set, whilst I was waiting for the badger this little guy came snooping around. I did get more pleasing poses as he emerged from the set but unfortunately there was some green foliage that had cast a slight haziness on him - I new I would get hammered for that!!
I have seen a badger but this sett gets very dark indeed , I have discovered an exit path leading into a field where there are no pedestrians so I will be baiting that area and sitting in my bag hide with camera on knee..... and hoping for a little more light!

Hand held camera on knee
Olympus E-M1MarkIII
Focal length in 35 mm film : 200.0mm
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 3200
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter : 1/200 sec
Aperture : F2.8

ACR/TopazDNAI/PSCC

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-20-2021, 11:43 AM
Good to see a Brown rat, not seen very often here on the forum. Well composed Jon, like the pose and the low-ish angle, with the tail in the frame. Good colours and details.

haseeb badar
04-23-2021, 12:47 AM
HI Jon -- good to see you posting and another different specie on the forum by you.

I liked the subject and its placement , though not very ideal POV , but the settings probably won't have allowed you to go any lower.

Greens appear a bit saturated to me, and i see some noise in the leaves as well especially in the bkg.

Overall nice effort .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
04-25-2021, 04:30 AM
Hi Jon, I guess 'Ratty' came for the peanuts you put out for the badger? Colours look not too bad here and the pano format works, but could see a tad off the top. The OOF vegetation does have a slight 'coarseness' to it, but guess that stems from the Olympus files from highish ISO.

Good luck with Badger, be nice to see some postings soon.

TFS
Steve