PDA

View Full Version : Black-tailed godwit

gail bisson
04-18-2021, 11:29 AM
Ann P. and I challenged ourselves to maintain our PP skills by each selecting a species from our Iceland trip.
We have both been away from our cameras for weeks now! From Husavik, Iceland in 2017.
Small crop. Cloned out a couple of grasses.
Canon 1 DX, 600mm and 1,4 x
ISO 2500 SS 1/2500 f 5.6
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from,
Gail

annmpacheco
04-18-2021, 11:39 AM
I like the framing you chose with the FG and the lovely flowered grasses... Also, the open beak, HA, and sharpness makes this image a pleasure to view. Just can't beat the interesting grasses and that soft BG for the godwit to pop. well done.

Arthur Morris
04-18-2021, 01:51 PM
Lovely and calling too. It was nice of him to stand on the mound. I like that you included the purple thingie in the LRC. And you confirm that this is a worn male?

with love, artie

Randy Stout
04-18-2021, 03:04 PM
Gail:

Soft light shows off this fellow well, calling a plus, good shooting angle. Good that the OOF area in lower left is about the same luminosity as the background, really helps it blend in.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
04-18-2021, 03:15 PM
Beautiful. Those purple flowers sure do add some interest! Perfect calling pose with an excellent head angle. I'd be tempted to remove the oof flowers on each side of the legs. I'm liking the dreamy feel caused by the FG creeping in - nice touch.

Brian Sump
04-18-2021, 03:57 PM
Gail, was sorry to hear about your trip this year. Hopefully more great ones to come and we can hope you'll get some great shooting opportunities soon too.

AFA this frame, beautifully balanced and composed. Great head turn and calling pose. Nice bkg transition.

TFS, a gem to view!

William Dickson
04-18-2021, 04:28 PM
Beautiful capture Gail and very pleasing to the eye.....I like the hazy feel about the BG/FG against the contrast on the bird....Lovely detail and a great calling pose. HA is spot on. It will look braw printed large.

Will

Andreas Liedmann
04-19-2021, 05:00 AM
Hi Gail .... very nice calling capture of this species .
Lovely soft fore/background ... with the subject nicely isolated .
Colors are nice as is the tonal range .
Would just expect some more feather structure visible with the used kit .

TFS Andreas

dankearl
04-19-2021, 02:22 PM
Calling pose and flowers are very nice.. I think you could get rid of a bit more BG noise..

Joseph Przybyla
04-19-2021, 03:07 PM
Hi Gail, the image has a painterly feel, I like it. Wonderful color palette, beautiful bird, nice calling pose. Thank you for sharing.

John Mack
04-19-2021, 06:59 PM
Nice low angle. I like the calling pose and the little plants. Great background as well.

arash_hazeghi
04-20-2021, 12:53 AM
looks quite different color-wise than the one Ann posted, maybe different light, or different WB. ? I like everything, nice calling pose only wish is that we could see the feet

TFS

gail bisson
04-20-2021, 05:14 AM
looks quite different color-wise than the one Ann posted, maybe different light, or different WB. ? I like everything, nice calling pose only wish is that we could see the feet

TFS
Hi Arash, The images were taken in different locations on different days.
Gail

Bill Dix
04-20-2021, 04:45 PM
Wonderful calling pose and soft light. I also love the Icelandic vegetation.