PDA

View Full Version : Brown Pelican Full Dive

Joseph Przybyla
04-16-2021, 07:45 AM
Image captured at Ft. Desoto County Park in Pinellas County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for vieiwng.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 VR AF-S ED HH
1/2500 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 800 Auto WB, image captured at 300mm (450mm 35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021 and Topaz Sharpen AI
Cropped from horizontal to vertical for composition and presentation

Arthur Morris
04-16-2021, 08:38 AM
Very nice. Great that the bird was facing you. Do you remember the wind direction? Morning or afternoon? Looks as if the face could use some sharpening. Did you post this too small by accident???

with love, a

Joseph Przybyla
04-16-2021, 10:59 AM
Very nice. Great that the bird was facing you. Do you remember the wind direction? Morning or afternoon? Looks as if the face could use some sharpening. Did you post this too small by accident???

with love, a

Hi Artie, this was from several years ago with my D7000 and more or less a kit lens the 70-300 so not the best glass. I have been working up old images with Topaz Denoise AI and Topaz Sharpen AI (I did use your link from your blog). All I really remember about the image was that I was standing on the beach east of the bay pier. Thank you for viewing and commenting.

Andreas Liedmann
04-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Hi Joe ... a killer pose .

Looks good as presented for me .
Personally I might have edited the frame a tiny bit different in terms of tone and color , but this is just purely personal taste .

Just wish for more room on the bottom ....

TFS Andreas

John Mack
04-16-2021, 06:28 PM
Now that's a dive. Nice view of the head/face. The water trailing off the feet is nice as well. Looks sharp to me.

Dorian Anderson
04-16-2021, 08:28 PM
Killer action, Joseph! I especially like the flexed feet with the spraying water. Face could use a bit of sharpening as noted by others.

Biggest issue here was the harsh lighting, so I think you did well given sub-optimal conditions.

Joseph Przybyla
04-19-2021, 04:40 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.