PDA

View Full Version : View of the Wave

Michael Pancier
07-08-2008, 11:00 PM
This is the Wave from one of the upper ledges. It's easier to climb up than it is to climb down. :-D

A single image HDR
f/18
1/25
5d + 24-105L @ 35mm
tripod
polarizer
ISO 250

I used Viveza and Nik tools to add some blue to the overcast sky

Robert Amoruso
07-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Nice composition Michael. The patterns and twists/turns in the wave guide the eye right into the image. I like the saturated colors.

Roman Kurywczak
07-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi Michael,
Very unusual perspective. I have seen many wave images........but i don't think I have seen this perspective! I like the central placement of the strongest patterns as it keeps your eye in the image. I played around with the browser crop of some of the sky leaving just a small portion on the right. This seems to strenghthen it a bit for me comp wise........but either presentation works very well!

Grady Weed
07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I like the composition as Roman pointed out. But I do think, for me, the saturation is a bit too much. A stronger contrast or color balance change might give the same effect but without the over done, to me, saturation. Since I have never been there, maybe I am all wet. I just feel sometimes the velvia look is over done. I do admire a lot of your images of this area of the west. Keep posting.

Michael Pancier
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I like the composition as Roman pointed out. But I do think, for me, the saturation is a bit too much. A stronger contrast or color balance change might give the same effect but without the over done, to me, saturation. Since I have never been there, maybe I am all wet. I just feel sometimes the velvia look is over done. I do admire a lot of your images of this area of the west. Keep posting.

maybe it's time I recalibrate my monitor. :confused:

Gayle Clement
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I really like the swirls of color and the way you composed this, making an important center with the formations all around. I think it just needs a little lowering of the saturation.

Paul Marcellini
07-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Colors seem believable to me. I know how that rock glows in the right light. I like the comp and think maybe a slight crop up strengthens it even more. Nice stuff.

Grady Weed
07-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I was not meaning to down the saturation here. Not to insinuate someone thought I was. I just thought these colors were a bit over done. However I have never been there either. I would think Paul and Michael have a better eye than I would for this frame. Thanks for posting your fine art work.