PDA

View Full Version : Rock Pigeon

Joseph Przybyla
03-23-2021, 10:14 AM
Dottie and I were at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida early this morning. I was sitting on the grass watching the birds on the lake when this pigeon landed on a brick wall at the waters edge. I gave it a few clicks not really paying attention to the images I was capturing. Only when I worked up the image did I see the wonderful colors of this bird. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm VR AF-S ED PF HH
1/2000F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 1800 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm35mm Equivalent)
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2021 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped and canvas added for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Lake Morton in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide (https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/)

William Dickson
03-23-2021, 04:48 PM
Beautiful birds Joe.....and you captured this one at its best.....Detail is lovely....You brought out the colours on the neck and chest perfectly...I have been photographing our version of these birds recently in flight.....when you get them in good light, the colours, as shown here, are amazing ...

Will

Jonathan Ashton
03-24-2021, 02:11 AM
Worthwhile shot Jo, I find the colours beautiful.

John Mack
03-28-2021, 08:03 AM
Nothing like a beautiful common bird. Love the colors.