PDA

View Full Version : Female bufflehead

arash_hazeghi
03-23-2021, 01:16 AM
Female bufflehead one of the starter frames with the A1. eagerly waiting for more interesting subjects but things are a bit slow

A1 600 f/4 GM + 1.4X TC ISO-1250 1/3200 sec f/5.6 hand held processed with C1P

Hope you like it

Jack Backs
03-23-2021, 12:16 PM
Superb as usual. Excellent dark feather detail. Wings down about as good as it gets. Can't say I'm a big fan of the choppy water.

William Dickson
03-23-2021, 04:51 PM
I really don't mind the choppy water.....I think it adds interest to the BG...Lovely flight pose and detail on the duck...Looks just about perfect to me....The wee reflection adds..

Will

Paul Burdett
03-23-2021, 05:47 PM
Yes, another Arash gem. I'm fine with the water too. I like the degree of sharpness too...some others you've posted look a tad over sharpened to me.

dankearl
03-25-2021, 12:07 AM
Details are terrific and color is right on. You held the white cheek in sun which is not easy.
I think this is also a bit contrasty like the other new A1 shot you posted, might be me . I don’t mind the water at all.
The camera is getting some mixed reviews on noise, what do you think?

arash_hazeghi
03-25-2021, 01:57 AM
Details are terrific and color is right on. You held the white cheek in sun which is not easy.
I think this is also a bit contrasty like the other new A1 shot you posted, might be me . I don’t mind the water at all.
The camera is getting some mixed reviews on noise, what do you think?

Hi Dan, the contrast looks good to me at least from here, has nothing to do with camera just the time of day.

the camera noise performance is great, I will post some high ISO images. I would ignore most of the online reviews, they do not know what they are talking about.. most of them click baits.

cheers

John Mack
03-28-2021, 08:04 AM
Wouldn't expect anything less. Is the nictating membrane over the eye?