PDA

View Full Version : Red-browed Finch

Paul Burdett
03-18-2021, 07:09 PM
This Finch was posing with a posy:bg3:...worth a photo I thought. Cheers.

D500/500PF, 1/640th sec@f5.6, iso1600, HH

David Seymour
03-19-2021, 04:05 AM
I really like this shot, Paul. The direct look towards the camera is attention-grabbing, together with the "what do I do now" expression. Nice colours on the bird, and a beautiful background. It's good the way the back branch passing behind the bird is enough out of focus to keep the attention on the subject. I think the shot stands out as a 'different' image of a perched bird, nice one!

Cheers, David

PS I really must kick my butt into gear and find time to post some images on this excellent site again!

Paul Burdett
03-19-2021, 04:45 PM
Hi David. Thanks so much or the kind words/feedback. Really looking forward to being able to visit Tassie again soon...got to get a decent photo of a Pink Robin. Managed to get one at Inala on Bruny Island (great place to stay btw), but it's not the best. Take care.

William Dickson
03-19-2021, 05:41 PM
Nice one Paul....Love the pose....and also the POV....Good detail on the bird...This is a unique image with those grasses .....Well done

Will

Paul Burdett
03-19-2021, 09:43 PM
Hi Will. Thanks so much. Cheers.

Andreas Liedmann
03-20-2021, 02:36 PM
H Paul .... what a great pose and funny expression of the little guy .
The thick branch in the BG is a bit unfortunate , but nothing you could have done .

Would love to see the IQ of the Wren image in this one .
Image lacks the fine detail and does look " processed" , IMHO .

TFS Andreas

Paul Burdett
03-20-2021, 08:17 PM
Andreas: Thanks for the feedback. I'm fine with the rear branch, but can understand others not liking it. Plenty of bird detail on my monitor...processing looks good to me.